Hello from Greenbank

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finder66

Colin
Reaction score
My name is Colin, I am 46 and just getting started. I bought a camper trailer last year with prospecting in mind. I have a 6 year old boy who is keen to do some exploring with me. There seems to be such a vast array of finding to part in. I am looking forward to some fine weather to get out amongst it. Going to try some beach detecting first and some relic finding on friends property. Once I have got the hang of my detector I will give Warwick a go.

I look forward to sharing my stories of fun.

Welcome aboard Colin look forward to your posts mate. There's a ton of info at your finger tips on here. Good to see your getting the young fella into a great hobby.

Cheers

C&L

Hey Colin!

Good luck. Remember Detecting is a lot like fishing. Research a good spot & from there it's a game of fate.
My favourite feeling (because I haven't actually FOUND Gold) is walking with my detector & thinking 'Is today MY Day' ;)

Once I find a Nugget I think that feeling will take 2nd place to 'The Unearthing' :p

Keep us posted on how you go :)

Cheers, Magic Matt!

Welcome Colin, great to hear you getting the lad involved, great to spend time in the wilds of our land with your son.

Notice you mention Greenbank, don't go onto the range there to test your gear, it could go off with a bang! :eek:

Good luck with it all

Tone

Welcome Colin,
It seems you are just down the road a bit from me.
Take the boy out for a trip out to Glendon (Warwick) and you will certainly find the AU but it is more of the smaller size gold, nuggets have been found out there but you will definetley need a really good machine.
Maybe even start out with a high banker as you are guaranteed the gold sure even though it is just a gram or 2.
I have 2 boys and we usually head out at least once a month but ATM I am renovating the house, I can tell you it aint no picnic.
Cheers and welcome , hope to catch you out there one day.
Brad....

Thanks for the welcome all. We will stay clear of the range Tone, however I have heard that people are finding relics from the WW@ camp cable, now it is being developed. We spent a couple of hours at the spit today and found 7 cigarette lighters, all disposables. I see what you mean about the right place Matt.

Camp Cable is worth a look

1373106875_943562_606276129392445_775649541_n.jpg

Latest posts