Hello from Germany

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good day everybody,

my name is Marcus and i am 35 years old. My home city is Berlin, Germany, but I used to live also for 6 years in the Netherlands.
I love fishing, and now by the time I am looking forward ,to make prospecting /fossicking my new hobby.
the search for Gold in germany is a lot of fun, but your finds are really small in the rivers, like you need 250.000 litterpieces to collect 1 gramm of gold^^.
So I am planning a 2 Month trip to Australia. It is a lot of work to plan that, and you need to know people that know what they are talking about(like walnliz ).
I read and watch carefully forums,videos and books to get up to date, also about the gold rush history.

I hope here to met people that have fun to prospect and fossick,share that with others, and respect the nature.

a nice day to everybody, and more important "good luck everybody"

P.S.: please note that I am german, and I may have rediculess mistakes in my writings^^ :p

Guten Tag, and welcome to the forum Marcus. If you are planning a visit to Australia some time, then joining a great forum like this will dramatically improve your success in finding gold and gems in our great country.

I originally came to Australia from Austria, and have many friends from Germany. The gold may not be as plentiful from your region, but the history and scenery are world class.

Hope you find the forum friendly and full of interesting information, and if you need any advice just ask the members. Once you have made 10 posts, send me a PM, and i can possibly give you some additional information to make your trip memorable ;).

All the very best of luck with the new hobby,

Cheers Wal.

Welcome to Prospecting Australia Marcus.
Good to see people from my ancestral home on board. My folks come from Oldenburg.
Hope you have lots of luck and find plenty of gold when you visit Australia. :) :)

Jeff

Good day Marcus and welcome to the forum. Good luck with your search for the yellow stuff and I hope you show us some German gold. :)

Wei Gehtz Marcus,

(please forgive spelling mistakes)

Ich spreche ein bischen Deutsche :)
Ich habe in der schule gelernt (a very long time ago)

Welcome to the forum (I am also new here myself)

Dave :cool:

Hello Marcus, when you go fishing, do you take one of those super magnets on a rope with you to haul old wartime artefacts out of the water ?

Latest posts