Hello from Coffs Harbour

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matty1978

Matt
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I live in Coffs Harbour NSW and very keen to start prospecting. I have been in three old mines out at Coramba which was an exciting experience since never been in a mine before. I am keen to get out there and start panning and detecting with a Garrett AT PRO, has anyone been out that way prospecting any info or tips would be greatly be appreciated being so new to this.

Welcome to the forum matty. There's a lot of good gold in that Coffs region, and panning in some of those creeks in the hills behind you can be a lot of fun. The AT PRO is a great detector as a combination unit, so with some practice the rewards will follow.

Hope the forum helps answer all the questions you may have, and best of luck with the new hobby.

Cheers Wal.

Welcome matty. I believe Ben78 is the man you want to speak to, he used to prospect up that way a fair bit. I'll shoot him a private message for you.

Nugget.

Hi Matty, welcome to the group. I have an AT Pro but need to get more practice with it :D. Best of luck with your ventures and perhaps see you somewhere in the great outdoors.

Welcome Matty. I'm not far from Coffs and would be happy to hit the hills with you over summer.

Thanks for the warm welcome its much appreciated.
Cheers Nugget for putting me onto Ben78 ill get in touch with him.
Bushranger let us know when your keen to come up.

Hi MATTY and BUSHRANGER, I'm also in Coffs and just getting into it and would be keen to show you some promising spots.

Latest posts