Hello from a newbie

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

My name is Josh and I've always wanted to make 'finding stuff' a hobby. I picked up an old Coinmaster 6/d the other day and it works really well. I live in Hervey Bay QLD and am looking for places to fossick (like gympie for gold).

I look forward to getting into the forum and 'meeting' you all.

Josh

Hi Josh, another Qlder. Great we need to increase the numbers up here. Don't know much about the Whites Coinmaster 6d/B.Pretty blank on google.
Anyhow you are in a great area near Gympie the town that saved Qld. with its' gold.
Cheers

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am looking forward to fossicking. The main reason that I started wanting a metal detector was because I would love to find a meteorite. I will be checking out the gold areas and have been looking into Gympie. Any other clues or tips would be appreciated for SE QLD

Hi Josh Like you I also have just not long ago joined this forum and also from QLD
If memory serves me right the Whites 6000d came out about 1980 so if you are looking for gold you will be doing it a bit tough compered to the newer machines out now.
Do not know a lot about detecting meteorites but the 6000d should work all right
Also Have a look on Utube as I watched some time ago and found it very interesting these people using metal detectors to find meteorites . Hope you find a big one all the best cheers Greg :cool:

Latest posts