Hello Fellow Fossickers!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ET Digger

Andrew
Reaction score
Hello Fellow Fossickers,

Just dropping a line to say hello as I am a new member to this forum.

I am only starting out at this fantastic and interesting hobbie, I have found nothing to date, but I have caught the bug!
I love getting into the outdoors and having a little dig, and the Misses tells me she would like to come out but will be sitting under a tree reading a book :)

I would like to send a thanks out to WalnLiz as it's the videos that they have posted on You Tube, that got me interested in this hobbie and also this forum, so thank you WalnLiz :)

One question though, I have tried to research where I can go and have a scratch legally, (Local Visitor Centres etc) but I cant help feeling like I'm doing something wrong whilst I'm out having a dig.....
I back fill any holes I make, dont leave rubbish etc etc.....
I just would not like to run into a cranky Park Ranger one day........

Cheers.

Stokesy.

I have that same issue, i have lots of cranky park rangers, up here where i live, you are allowed to metal detect but you are not allowed to dig holes, so while i am in parks i can only use a coin spike.

G'day Stokesy and welcome. Plenty of places to dig and most are about 3 hours from Sydney or further, some spots near Lithgow. Close enough for day trips and great for longer trips. There are quite a few dedicated fossicking areas and a lot of state forest to access if you get a $20 per year permit from the Dubbo office.

Plenty of info on this site to keep you busy for a while.

Latest posts