Hello All!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Im Pete, just starting out! Have quite a few mates involved in this hobby and my youngest (12) and I decided to join in. We live in Orange with an abundance of Fossicking areas surrounding us, Ophir, Sofala,Stuart Town and Mookerwara just to name a few.I am an underground Miner so it just seemed natural ...... lol.I currently have a borrowed GP Extreme and recently bought a near new 705 Xterra Dual Coil for a bit of fun. Now all we need is for the rain to stop so we can get out!! Lots and lots to learn.Looking forward to being part of this community
Pete

Welcome to the forum petenaylor , you're in good company here with friendships , advice and lotsa fun . Lovely to see your son involved , hope you both love prospecting and have plenty of success .

Cheers
goldrat

welcome and good luck pete, my young bloke is 12 too, bought a detector at the start of the school holidays, found 1 small nugget with the young bloke at hill end

Thank you all for the welcome. Any 705 tips and or GP Extreme tips will be gratefully appreciated lol. A friend and quite accomplished Prospector leant me the GP, maps and some Pans to give us the opportunity to experience the hobby before outlaying hard earned money in haste.Very fortunate. We stumbled upon the 705 which I am hoping my 12 year old will enjoy and cope with. Oddly enough we are excited about finding anything!

Latest posts