Hello all

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussieroger

Roger
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm from Melbourne vic
I've been wanting to do some prospecting for a while now
It's something that Ive been very interested in for many years
I don't have a detector as yet,but I've decided to buy a SDC 2300
So I'm on the hunt for a good second hand unit,
I look forward to contributing to the forum, thank you
Kind regards Roger

If your interested, I dig with dylanpennack23 a fair bit, he's from Pakenham. I've been searching around gembrook but alluvial no nuggets worth detecting there. If your interested in coming along on either gold or gem digs with us, send through a pm. Mostl panning and sluicing in the valley but we also head up into the gt a bit too for chunky gold

100% would love to
Thank you for the offer :D
AtomRat said:
If your interested, I dig with dylanpennack23 a fair bit, he's from Pakenham. I've been searching around gembrook but alluvial no nuggets worth detecting there. If your interested in coming along on either gold or gem digs with us, send through a pm. Mostl panning and sluicing in the valley but we also head up into the gt a bit too for chunky gold

Bingo :)

Are you interested in gemstones at all? You might have to travel up my way but like I said I'm trying around gembrook for sapphire which I know are there and also hit phillip island, will be going to western port and port phillip for gemstones a bit too

There's a couple of vids on youtube showing some local areas ( not named ) were digging at http://www.youtube.com/user/mehurtmyfinger I've uploaded when I can.

Detecting can still be ok around here but you really need one with discrimination so your not digging nails / iron non-stop

Some gems about cardinia I gotta look at too

That's Awsome
Haven't been searching for gems before
Haven't even thought about it
But I'm keen,
I'll pm you when I'm organised
Cheers Atom look forward to meeting you :)

No probs, me too mate, always fun digging shiny things with others :) especially if its not too far to drive either!

Hmmm.. I should check, are you fit to walk sometimes 2km or more through bush or is it more easier tracks for you mate

Awesome. I pack a minimal safety and first aid kit usually for any sort of emergency but I havnt had too much but a few scratches, close calls to mineshafts, snakes n leeches.. apart from that its all pretty sweet. Lotsa water n lunch for hydration / energy essential, if you like hard days and walking you can come anywhere with us. If you havnt got chiseled calf muscles now...you will later haha ;) the valleys are killer what I go up n down, literally.

I have a fair bit of knowledge on the history on this side of town and its goldfield with much to share and show if you just like goldfield tours, something ill be doing in the near future with the local gem / prospecting club.

Might even be at gembrook tomorrow if these clouds clear. Bit hard to see sapphire with no sunlight