Heathcote area Victoria information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
just wondering if anyone and any good info on heathcote for detecting been there a few times now interested to see how others like the area

I like the area but have not found anything yet myself but I'm just a newie to the game
Doug stone map will send you to areas you will have best chance of scoring gold

Or get onto geovic website has maps once you sus out how to get the right layers on
It shows the same area as Doug stone map

Go to Geovic and you can get whatever area you want. Here is Sth Heathcote.

1433807988_heathcote11111.jpg

Welcome D.
Glad you find the site informative .... I've learnt heaps from the knowledgable people who contribute and share their info. It's a two way street so hopefully as you become more experienced you can also help other newcomers.

In regard to Heathcote ... I remain goldless BUT others do quite well there.
Take a drive along any of the tracks and you will find evidence of diggings, one is as good as the others, just have to walk over it.
The One Eye area has accessible areas with lots of old diggings but also a lot of shotgun pellets, if you're detecting those then you'll also detect gold if it's there (dig all targets!!)
At least it's reasonably close to Melb.

Not sure about the Eureka Gold's capabilities, most gold I've found has been with the SDC.
Your partner may struggle with the 705, I started with one (still have it) and it was a heat tool for learning about detectors but most of my finds with it have been at the beach, have also used it in the goldfields but only found lead.

Good luck out there and don't forget to share your findings, good or bad, if you use the sites search function you'll leo find some further info on Heathcote.

Cheers T.

gday just wondering if any of you guys know wheather they still find a bit there was going to spend a couple of nights there any info a great help thanks

I have found gold at Heathcote but its not one of my favourite gold fields if it was me I would rather detect at Bendigo the Whipsticks just my opinion regards john :)

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone had information about the Gold that was found kn Heathcote during the Gold rush days. Mainly what size the Gold was?

Cheers

I was reading an old article in the Australian gem tressure mag about decent nuggets being found in a creek not far from the township forgot where exactly might have been mount ida creek ? anyway was just interested to go and have a look.

Latest posts