Having a minor milestone b'day in Nov any suggestions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussiefarmer

Thinks he is funny
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Righto , so i am turning 980 in November, and i am thinking i might go get some color :Y:
What i am asking is whats the bucket list trip i should be doing ? Keeping in mind i can only spare a week .
Happy to fly , hitchhike or even go by paddy wagon to get to a good spot ;)

I am more interested in a all incuded type tour, so i dont have to pack food and boring essentials :lol: or i can not be so lasy :lol: and just go bush and ruff it with a good bloke or two , swag , tucker and grog .

If anyone wants to charge me a few bucks to take me away to a good off the beaten track area O:) i would be happy :D or even a suggestion on a tour or maybe its as simple as a group meet up somewhere , its all good :Y:
either comment here or PM , anything will be considered apart from a push bike ride in the middle of summer without supplies ;) ]:D

I will go to the yukon when i turn 1500 to celebrate :lol:

Bugger, was just about to suggest a bike ride :D

It sounds to me like a good excuse for a week long bash in the GT AF. Couple of nights here, couple nights there. PA members can come and go as they are able. I would certainly try and make it for a couple of nights.

Should be nice camping weather.

So where do you dwell young ausiefarmer? How far would you travel? And what sort of gear do you have? .. Let us know more mate.

Tuesday 7th November is Melbourne Cup Day, so there's an opportunity to organise another long weekend camp in the GT.
Last year we had around 240 PAers camping near Dunolly.
The company was great, but the mozzies (billions) were dreadful.
Would love to have a beer with you on your 980th (I just turned 1240 in May).

Then there is the NAPFA AGM in November.
It will not be too far from you.
That way we can celebrate your 980th with you. :party: :party:
Combine that on a weeks rampage around the area. :Y: :Y: :Y:

Set your banker up, hire two slaves, a whip, deck chair, esky next to it, sit back, and crack that whip! :D
PS. Attempted unsuccessfully with wife and daughter but..... must of been a union thing! Instant strike!
Like 5% is unfair!

Im in mid nsw , prefer to swing my beeper than shovel gravel , happy to drive for a day bothways (the GT is about 8 hrs), hoping someone wants to get off the beaten track, (not into broke back mountain , but laughed my guts off watching wolfe creek) , i realise the heat will be a downer but i work in it everyday anyway and i enjoy night time detecting , its just a pipe dream looking for an offer i cant refuse :D happy to drive machinery like headers tractors or dozers by day and beep of a night if it gets me some good color ;)
I might just get a pallet of beer and follow deepdreamcycle on his pushbike adventure as a good chuckle is always fun .
:lol:

Well I just did the maths there young fella ,.... congrats on the milestone ! ;) ;)
Bike or Bulldozer don't matter none as long as your in for a sniff aye ! :p
After seeing Wolf Creek you wont mind if someone blindfolds you for the trip out'n back to their secret patch either. Have to leave your phone behind too (I bet)lol.
:cool: O:)

Can you enlighten me on the math as I've been trying to work that one out for a while. Must have been the mercury I played with as a kid :8

I am younger than most but older than some , i am younger than the lady i feel but older than my boots . My hour meter is high for my age and all my moving parts are worn and click and grind like i am twice this age :lol:
No real maths , if i live till november i should have eaten 980 crumbed cutlets by then . :lol:

I know big waves rough age too so I tried to use that to no avail . I looove crumb cutlets but couldn't eat 980 of them by November or IDE be a very poor man.

Please stop screwing with my poor mercury addled brain i have know Idea how many cutlets you've eaten in your life. Didn't do the math right
Ya gotta be 49 that would make sense with minor milestone , please tell me I'm right or just put me out of my misery. Gotta ask do you eat a set amount of cutlets per year :D

If ya end up in the gt I'll cook up a feed of cutlets for ya with garlic cream sauce and gravy . One of life's great pleasures :Y:

I did think of that - half of 98.

Also divided 980 by 52 which was I cutlet for every week alive but that would mean AF was about 18. I know he ain't :D

Divided 980 by 12 which is a cutlet for every month. But he ain't 82 either :rolleyes:

And I think you should come to the GT too - I'll buy some beer. IF you give us a hint :/

Latest posts