Has anyone heard any good or bad stuff on this 7 day trip WA trips.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zakman

Marcus
Reaction score
Hi guys it been a while since I posted been crazy busy. Anyway I'm trying to do some long term planning and book a 7 day all inclusive Detector trip to WA for July 2015 yes long term Planning.

Has anyone heard any feed back on these trips. "Gold and Relic's Pty"

http://www.goldandrelics.com.au

They seem nice people and I can get a pretty good deal if I book really early for the July 2015 trip .

If you have any info or recommendations please post.

I would love to do a tag along trip but for now I don't have the vehicle nor gear.

chat soon.

Regards Zakman

g'day
Darren is a gun operator and is more than happy to share all his knowlage.
unlike some other tours, he does not go off detecting, he spends all his time making sure everyone is doing things right and helping them get over some gold. they have been getting some good gold this season. he has an ocker so you will be traveling in comfort and to top it all off Darren is a good bloke
regards trashy

Thanks Trashy
Yes I've had some other feed back from friend last night
So I try and set up a tag along trip first if not I go for th fall in.

Regards
Zakman

I think any of these trips would be worthwhile. I would like to know if you require permits for the areas you go. Some trips make sure all permits are in place first so they can access certain areas etc... So this may be something to question. They may have their own leases and part of their agreement is access while on their trips maybe etc... Something to consider.

I believe the experience is well worth it, but only if you plan on heading West again. Otherwise local trips will be cheaper and give you more experience for your region IMO. If however you want to travel West again then going with a group makes a heap of sense regardless. Just be aware of the flies :)

Hi Westaus,

What are the local trips you speak of? I am in WA mid October and can travel. I'd like to find a short one or 2 day gold prospecting trip for my parnef &I to learn some skills &knowledge as we are new to it all. We are on our way home to Sydney. Cheers, jemmie.

not all tour groups are good

I cant name one that takes a group out and if they start finding a good patch of gold the operator suddenly decides to pack up "because we are going to a better spot"

and he would be back there on his own 2 weeks later.

and the same operator will plan to take his group for at least 4 out of 7 days on to small patches of ground that he has already taken groups onto for thrashing over for the past 15 tours

yada yada

thats human beings for ya

ps . i know nothing about Gold n Relics as mentioned above

HeadsUp said:
not all tour groups are good

I cant name one that takes a group out and if they start finding a good patch of gold the operator suddenly decides to pack up "because we are going to a better spot"

and he would be back there on his own 2 weeks later.

and the same operator will plan to take his group for at least 4 out of 7 days on to small patches of ground that he has already taken groups onto for thrashing over for the past 15 tours

yada yada

thats human beings for ya

ps . i know nothing about Gold n Relics as mentioned above

hi ya heads up

yep gotta agree with ya, theres some rogues out there,
one of the guides that moved on as soon as the ground was proven then went back later has sold up his tours. he basicly used his groups to prospect for spots for himself.
just at a guess I reckon the one that takes people to ground that has been thrashed for years, is the one that "salts" the ground with a couple of very small gold to make everyone on the tour happy....not good in my opinion :mad:
regards tm

Jemmie said:
Hi Westaus,

What are the local trips you speak of? I am in WA mid October and can travel. I'd like to find a short one or 2 day gold prospecting trip for my parnef &I to learn some skills &knowledge as we are new to it all. We are on our way home to Sydney. Cheers, jemmie.

This is one that is done locally - http://www.gold-prospecting-wa.com/

Not been on theirs either but have had good reports back from a few people around the traps. Gives you a bit of everything I believe. Good luck either way a lot to take in.

Latest posts