Hard boiled eggs

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok for those of you that buy ya eggs from a supermarket you probably wont know what Im on about :(
So for all you others that have chooks Im hoping that you might be able to help :Y:
Is there a trick or a method that you use to peel your boiled eggs without completely destroying them?
Ive tried adding a bit of vinegar to the water but no help :N:
It frustrates me when you only get left with half an egg or worse just the yolk because of the membrane :mad:
Any tips?

goody2shoes said:
I always put my eggs into cold water and then bring them to boil for around 5 minutes.. Longer if you want them rock hard..

Keep a eye on them..

Goody :)
The cooking part is not the problem :p

Yer mate I know what you mean.
We have cooks and it used to annoy me.I think its because they are so fresh.
The only thing that I have found is to soak them in cold tap water for a minute or two once cooked.
That does seem to seperate the egg from the shell.But some still stick.

ctxkid said:
i can highly recommend these
O M G............. :eek:
why do I not own these things ! :eek:
1551332660_screenshot_2019-02-28-15-40-26.jpg

Smoky bandit said:
Yer mate I know what you mean.
We have cooks and it used to annoy me.I think its because they are so fresh.
The only thing that I have found is to soak them in cold tap water for a minute or two once cooked.
That does seem to seperate the egg from the shell.But some still stick.

I also find if I crack the shell a bit and then rest them in cold water this does help :Y: but as you said Smokey some still stick :mad: so buy the sounds of it , its got to do with being to fresh and obviously the older they get the more that rubbery membrane must break down thus making peeling easier :Y: Id still prefer my hard to peel eggs over supermarket ones any day of the week :perfect:

If you want to eat your boiled eggs cold, put them I the fridge and don't peel them until you want to use them. We boil eggs and put them in the fridge, mark the shell with a sharpie so you don't mix them up. Seem to peel easier when completely chilled.

Manpa said:
If you want to eat your boiled eggs cold, put them I the fridge and don't peel them until you want to use them. We boil eggs and put them in the fridge, mark the shell with a sharpie so you don't mix them up. Seem to peel easier when completely chilled.
Hi Manpa
Yes we do eat them cold ie in a salad, egg and lettuce sandwiches ect :drooling:
Might give your method a try as well :Y:
Thanks for the tip :)

Latest posts