Guten Tag from Brisbane

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys

My name is Marius, me and my girlfriend Michelle are from germany and we are in Australia for one year.
We do some work and travel here. Back in germany we started to look for Gold last year in october. Since then we found a little amount of gold, but germany is not well known for it's gold deposit. Right know we are in queensland, Brisbane and we really want to find some gold here. We own a van and our own goldpans. If you have any tips for us were to look for gold or if you need some helping hands for a trip, we are up for it.
It's hard to go alone to a creek, because we are afraid of dangerous animals.

Cheers, Marius and Michelle

Guten Tag, and welcome to the forum M & M, You have picked the right place to start your Australian Gold Adventure, as there is many experienced prospectors here willing to give you a helping hand. No need to be afraid of dangerous animals over here, as we really don't have anything to hurt you. Our most vicious Bear (the Koala) sleeps all day and only eats Gum Leaves. Alles gutes und grusse aus Canberra. Look forward to hearing about you adventures....

Cheers Wal.

Hi guys Im Dan,Im based in a town called Maleny.If you are still keen on a gold adventure we should chat. Just a few weeks from now a brand new gold hunting site is being opened up by the government,1 and a half hrs drive from brisbane,cheap camping ,fishing creek gold detector gold,good ammmenities,I am travelled progressive,from an open town and 36 and am one week away from receiving all my detection tools in the mail. I here good advice that there is good gold and company camping and prospecting would be fun ,few day few weeks ,whatever,my first trip will be 1 month down there,its near a town called warwick [phone number removed]

Gday Marius and Michelle,
I usually head out to Glendon, which is west of Warwick about 2.5hrs west of Brisbane, can do a bit of camping there and also check out the wildlife.
If you would like we could tee up a trip out that way for a weekender and go get some gold. The wildlife isn't as bad as most would say, in fact its just like anywhere just remember that they are wild animals and treat them that way. Look but don't touch.
As for gold always get some no matter.
Cheers
Brad.......

Latest posts