great movie

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been laid up for a bit with sciatica (used think old fellas were soft complaining about their backs when i was a younger bloke!) bloody hell!
Now Ive experienced it, i totally understand back pain!

Any way, watched a lot of TV last week and a bit, yto bee honest, im sick to death of TV,Phone games, google, forums etc etc, I need to get back to work, or outside doing something.....

oh, yeah, the movie!

Buoyancy, great movie about a poor Cambodian kid, 14 years old, runs away from home, where he had to work hard for no pay, just so his family can eat, decides to gry smuggled into Thailand and work in a factory, his mate tells him about the good money to be made there.
He dosnt have the $ to pay the people smugglers, and is told they will take him, but he will have to work for 1 month for no pay.....in reality, he sold to a trawler crew as slave labor, and thats all Ill tell you.
Its a really good movie, made by film Victoria, and is based on what really happens. I you tubed thai trawler slaves after the movie, and the stories are horrific, some worked 18 hour days for no pay, for 8-10 years! all to supply the pet food market, and the brands they sell are in woolies and coles.....purina is one of them!

Please take the time to watch it, and ask your kids to watch it to.

Apart from the message, its a really good movie in its own right.

Cheers Dave.

(oh yeah, you can watch it for free on SBS on demand)

aussiefarmer said:
Ford versus ferrari is a good movie .
Yes, this is a cool film, where Christian Bale pleased with the cool acting, as always. I watched this film before the pandemic, then I did not go to the cinema for a very long time. Recently I was also struck by this disease, it passed easily, but I had to isolate myself. Here's a small list of this year's films that I liked:
Mayor
Slalom
Identifying features (sin seas particulares)
Quo vadis, aida?
76 days
I read material about projectors used in cinemas, now I want to implement something similar in my home. I think it would be cool to have a home theater.

Sometimes its good to watch something thats totally outrageous just to forget about the world and I did that the other day on net flix it was called peppermint really enjoyed it totally a lot of bull but very entertaining and if in the same circumstances would do the same if your keen peppermint cheers Muk.