GPZ7000 release, questions and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sure does look like a game changer. i mean this really changes it from a "i've been detecting for 20 years game" into i just bought a gpz bit like the sdc2300 just turn it on and go. I like the simplicity been wondering when they would figure 8 a coil winding or do something different....

If it can do all that its worth the Aussie Price,

But over here it's 8000.00 / $15,280 AUD and the Importers are only getting ONE of them

John

Hey Ridge Runner, buy one in Oz and pay my return airfare and I will hand delivery it to you. Still works out cheaper. :)

That video may have got me a little excited :p
I'm very pleased they are going with simple options like the SDC has, but still seems to be some room to play around with the settings.

On a slightly different note, I'm wondering how it would do at the beach, if it would go too deep to be able to dig up.

AusFX said:
I'm very pleased they are going with simple options like the SDC has, but still seems to be some room to play around with the settings.

On a slightly different note, I'm wondering how it would do at the beach, if it would go too deep to be able to dig up.

I can see it now, gpz7000 picks up $2 coin at depth on the beach. :D

1423783878_hqdefault.jpeg

AusFX said:

It will do very well at the beach I'd say, especially around here where the sand is soft and very deep. Though 11 grand of detector I'd be reluctant to use it there in the salt conditions.

Anyway looks like the timings are pretty straight forward and the audio controls seem similar to the 5000, even sounds the same as the 5k. I'm keen to see some better comparisons though, like what timings used on each detector and the like.

Very interested in seeing how people go with it out in the field.

Goldpick said:
AusFX said:

I can see it now, gpz7000 picks up $2 coin at depth on the beach. :D

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1695/1423783878_hqdefault.jpeg

I'm going to need a bigger shovel!

Good point about the salt, is that a common issue with non waterproof detectors? My 705 hasn't had any issues despite 6 solid months of use at the beach every other day.

Heatho said:
Anyway looks like the timings are pretty straight forward and the audio controls seem similar to the 5000, even sounds the same as the 5k. I'm keen to see some better comparisons though, like what timings used on each detector and the like.

Very interested in seeing how people go with it out in the field.

Totally agree.

The good thing about this new machine is the price drop on the 4500 which is what I will be buying :)

Latest posts