GPZ7000 release, questions and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember when the SD 2000 hit the market and people scoffing at the claims. Those who took the plunge got the easy gold and made 10's, 100's of thousands and even millions of dollars. New technology...bring it on and don't get left behind ;) Minelab are not usually far off the mark with their clams. In certain conditions it punches down more then 40%. What they state is on average 40%. It handles the hot ground better so the bigger the advantage in these places. My question is how will it handle the salt lakes in W.A., this is where millions of dollars is still laying, waiting for the detector that can hear them...come and get me, come and get me, COME AND GET MEEEE!!!
We'll all know in 10 days or so just how good they are, exciting times ahead.

docjohnson9 said:
Marty said:
Had another look at the vid again , I bet no one picked up on what the GPZ found and how deep on its 1st day out

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q123/memberspictures/2015-02-13_18-56-55_zps8c7ttzup.jpg

Marty

Yep, I can see them all sitting around saying, what can we write to get people really excited... I know, I know, biggest nugget ever found, good marketing mate.

They put that there to get guys like you all hard and juicy.
Haha, I highly doubt if they found the welcome stranger 2 they would of left the longitude/latitude in the right hand corner of the pic "doh"

Hi guys.
Again I might be dumb but i tried to join Detector prospector with no success :mad: tried passwords ect but who knows!! I wanted to ask that steve bloke about the depth ect??
I don't own a minelab I owned tax garret atx and I'm new at this. So if he reads this does a 5000 with all its coils do the same as a 7000?? e.g. 20" go as deep, 8" pick up the fines??!!
Cheers big ears

Steve is an occasional member on here. Do a search and send a pm and you may get a faster response. He has opened a few detector topics if I remember rightly.

jezza28 said:
Hi guys.
Again I might be dumb but i tried to join Detector prospector with no success :mad: tried passwords ect but who knows!! I wanted to ask that steve bloke about the depth ect??
I don't own a minelab I owned tax garret atx and I'm new at this. So if he reads this does a 5000 with all its coils do the same as a 7000?? e.g. 20" go as deep, 8" pick up the fines??!!
Cheers big ears

Steve Herchbach said:
Ok, I think it is pretty obvious I was a field tester. At this point I do have to wonder what with all the information coming out why we are still on hold but the fact is until I am officially given the go-ahead I can't comment. I really am sorry about that as I want to be able to talk as much as you want me to be able to talk, maybe more. Hopefully the powers that be look at the situation and say "go" soon. Please try and be patient for just a little bit longer.

You could join & ask but at this stage Steve, JP & others are still unable to give up too much info. Knowing Steves reports he will give a comprehensive rundown as soon as he can as will, no doubt, JP & others.
Reading between the lines the GPZ is significantly better than any previous model. I can't wait to see their reports!

Ridge Runner said:
According to the Manual it has 3 Coils that fit it, 11" 14" and a 20"

john

The manual that the FCC released may have some aspects that are out of date (not saying the coil info is - just be careful with what is in it).

Patience my friends :D The full manual & more comprehensive testing info will be available soon enough.
The "intro" vid is just that in my opinion - an introduction or teaser :) I wouldn't get too up in arms about the content yet - don't think it's meant as a full blown demo vid. The manual everyone is looking at from the FCC is only a draft & as above may not be 100% accurate.

Goldtarget said:
Steve is an occasional member on here. Do a search and send a pm and you may get a faster response. He has opened a few detector topics if I remember rightly.

I would hold off on the PM's/emails etc. Steve & others will post info as they can. Sending a heap of PM's/emails etc. requesting info will get no response - Steve & others have already stated this. They can't/won't give any info until Minelab give them the go ahead then they will post on the forums they choose + answer relevant questions.

That's why smarter men than me are here. I've made the wrong judgement call. I am 100% behind your posts as you thought that through to its logical conclusion in the current time frame. I'm sure we will hear from all the regular gurus in due course. Cheers mate :D

Jonathon Porter made mention on DP about sharing his thoughts on the Oz forums re testing the 7000 when the time is right - so long as things stay civilised without the personal attacks that were experienced in the past (not specifically directed at our forum alone).

So this is a friendly plea from myself, if and when it does happen, take the info on board, I'm sure most will lap the info up like a sponge given the opportunity. Any unwarranted or undue comments that do not actively contribute to the topic will be moderated accordingly - should he chose to post here. ;)

Obviously Steve Hershbach will do the same when he gets the OK from Minelab, being one of the other chosen testers. :)

Yep, Once these things have been over it, there will be a lot of wasted Trips with anything else, And in 2 years all the surface Gold down to a couple of feet will be gone, and then the only Up Grade will Be a D9 and C4.

john

The gpx series still excels at gold detection, and its platform will remain relevant long after the rush of the impending gpz. I find the above statement non plus. If the sd series is still recording finds with the ability of the gpx series out for many years I would suggest the underlying success is not dependant soley on the latest technology, rather methodology and intrinsic ability of operation at a competent level.

To impart, grey nomads have heralded the gpx 5000 as a quasi retirement income generator offset by implied finds. It qualifies for them the hard way, especially when they forget to buy a $10 rake after expending the cost equivalent of a small comfortable one bedroom unit for the procurement of a caravan, tow vehicle and a "flash" gold finder accessorized. The sheer amount of workable realty will overcome the rapid and enthused uptake of zvt, this should be fairly implicit.

Big nuggets to you all, jupiter or no.

Panda said:
The gpx series still excels at gold detection, and its platform will remain relevant long after the rush of the impending gpz. I find the above statement non plus. If the sd series is still recording finds with the ability of the gpx series out for many years I would suggest the underlying success is not dependant soley on the latest technology, rather methodology and intrinsic ability of operation at a competent level.

To impart, grey nomads have heralded the gpx 5000 as a quasi retirement income generator offset by implied finds. It qualifies for them the hard way, especially when they forget to buy a $10 rake after expending the cost equivalent of a small comfortable one bedroom unit for the procurement of a caravan, tow vehicle and a "flash" gold finder accessorized. The sheer amount of workable realty will overcome the rapid and enthused uptake of zvt, this should be fairly implicit.

Big nuggets to you all, jupiter or no.

And Your Point Is,???

It is a fact that the GPX has found 000s of Nuggets since its Birth and there are so many people here that have said that they found nothing on many trips out to the Bush, So if the GPX has found all those Nuggets then The GPZ will make a massive difference, Just Like when the SD machines did when they came out, and this means that people are going to have to go further in Land to find new patches, Or Buy A D9, My statement was not meant to be A Plus, Just A Fact.

Marty said:
That the 5000 will still find gold that the SDC left behind , but will never find the gold the GPZ can see , I think whats what he said LOL

M

Thanks Marty, Yep the 5000 is still the Standard of which to judge things, I don't own one But I respect what can be Achieved with One in the Hands of A Skilled Operator,

John

Latest posts