GPZ7000 release, questions and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heatho said:
Someone started a thread on the Gold detecting forum that stated a dealer is taking pre orders and the unit will be $10,500 plus. Not sure how true this is but we'll all find out soon I guess.

It might be $10,500 AUD or about 8-9k U.S.

Time will tell Aye,

Heatho said:
Someone started a thread on the Gold detecting forum that stated a dealer is taking pre orders and the unit will be $10,500 plus. Not sure how true this is but we'll all find out soon I guess.

I don't think I would be worrying too much about pricing being thrown about yet. We'll know for sure soon.
Won't be on my radar for at least 6-12 months now. Wife got a bigger house (or we all did :lol: ) so I'm lucky to still have the SDC & a few other toys left. New toys are off the shopping list - for now anyway. :p

Was that e e day&sons golddigg? Are they taking orders and do they do lessons?
Im from Creswick!!

jezza28 said:
Was that e e day&sons golddigg? Are they taking orders and do they do lessons?
Im from Creswick!!

yes and yes...

as far as i know they do not offer training mate you will have to ask them.

THey are basically taking expression of interest not actual deposits as such, the new figure as of 5 mins ago is $10k min :)

they will most likely only release 1000 units to Australia apparently. the conference is in the us today tomorrow and Saturday so we will know pricing on Monday.

here the link if you want to check it out and or put your name down

http://www.goldballarat.com.au/

I fail to see how any detector can be worth $10,000. Don't you think they will struggle to make significant sales at that price. I will wait to see results and faults that emerge first.

I bought an Xterra705 and SDC both for full price and wont make that mistake again, a bit of patience and waiting will save a few bucks. If it is everything that is promised and you can pick up a 6 month old second hand example then it might be worth it. The retailers even drop prices as the initial release excitement subsides. I am still brand new to detecting so have not really experienced the release of varying models.

The Minelab marketing machine is currently at full throttle, time will tell.

well its like anything i suppose, if you've been through the releases and seen blokes pulling nuggets left right and center in areas considered to be flogged its hard not to get swept up. I didn't jump on the sdc2300 but have seen first hand new prospectors pulling 10-15 nuggets a day in the GT paying off their detector $300 a day at a time. like all things they will go hard untill its paid off then enjoy the hobbie i guess.

for me i didn't jump on the 5000 or the sdc, this detector thought is waterproof, alot simpler than the 5000 with 10 timings rather than 100, its supposed to punch 40% deeper than a gpx and its light weight. tose are all things ive wrestled with... will i buy one who knows. mayeb wait and see what they do.

I do know there are a hand full of old fellas around here that have some patches that pay off with each release. areas whih they could not doze and detect but now will be able to detect a further foot down. "apparently"

maybe i'm just excited becasue i love seeing all that gold getting posted on the forums...

G0lddigg@ said:
well its like anything i suppose, if you've been through the releases and seen blokes pulling nuggets left right and center in areas considered to be flogged its hard not to get swept up. I didn't jump on the sdc2300 but have seen first hand new prospectors pulling 10-15 nuggets a day in the GT paying off their detector $300 a day at a time. like all things they will go hard untill its paid off then enjoy the hobbie i guess.

for me i didn't jump on the 5000 or the sdc, this detector thought is waterproof, alot simpler than the 5000 with 10 timings rather than 100, its supposed to punch 40% deeper than a gpx and its light weight. tose are all things ive wrestled with... will i buy one who knows. mayeb wait and see what they do.

I do know there are a hand full of old fellas around here that have some patches that pay off with each release. areas whih they could not doze and detect but now will be able to detect a further foot down. "apparently"

maybe i'm just excited becasue i love seeing all that gold getting posted on the forums...

I think 9 or 10K is just crazy, I Would not pay that for a CTX with the GPX5000's Internals and a 14" coil because thats about what it is with a few extra bits, GPX and an SDC would be about the same price give or take a few quid,

Of coarse a 14" Mono coil is going to give you up to??? 40% more depth over an 11" DD as for the GPS thing I'm not sure if that's a good thing or Not???.

for 10k the fecker would want to tell me what the target is and dig it for me , with a colour lcd to show me a picture first !

not a chance i'll get one ;)

i heard all the same hype about the 5000's not so long ago :rolleyes:

hmmmmm spose i just want a welcome nugget and ya gotta dream right?

250px-The_%22Welcome_Nugget%22_Replica.jpg

Went down to Miners Lab in Mitcham today, they had posters up of 7000, it is without a doubt coming soon, though exact date they don't even know!
Since they are not doing trade ins for the 5000's, how much will be a good price for one of these units, i could have just picked one up for $3800, i am curious to see what chaos sales this new unit will produce. I'd personally be wrapped to get my hands on even a used 5000! 3K with few coils quite possible i think in coming months, close enough anyway, good times~!

Yeah I got caught up in the SDC release as this machine was picking up all those small bits that other detectors thus far failed to "see"

My thought process was that I will get one before SDCs cover the goldfields leaving less and less each time a piece of gold was pulled from the earth. I also thought being water proof I would just scan the creek/river to find where the pickers would be collecting, then highbank the shit out of that area (that was an epic fail as I have only found rusty farmers rubbish that travels down stream)

Would depend where you live too I suppose, if the gold was on you doorstep and day trips were possible or you were retired and had plenty of travelling time, it would be more attractive. I am 4 hours drive to the nearest flogged area and manage about 6 to 8 trips a year whilst work gets in the way! I am lucky to pay for diesel let alone detector outlay.

I do get it and yes I really want one too!

Doctor said:
for 10k the fecker would want to tell me what the target is and dig it for me , with a colour lcd to show me a picture first !

not a chance i'll get one ;)

i heard all the same hype about the 5000's not so long ago :rolleyes:

It comes with a Free Minelab Engineer to Dig the target Up For you what more do you want,

Just Don't Feed Him After Midnight and Chain him up on A Full Moon, :(

Hi Folks, back after being away for a while.
RE: A swag of secondhand GPX5000,s hitting the the market when the GPZ7000 is available.
Those of us that currently own 5000's along with a selection of different size/shape coils and are considering off-loading their 5000 to purchase the new GPZ7000.
The new machine comes standard with a 14 inch coil we are told,no drama there, where I can see a problem arising is a situation where you have been lucky enough to pick-up a nice run of gold that, on following it you are confronted with an area of really rough country, large rocks,scrub thick grass, you name it, where it is impossible to get a 14 inch coil anywhere near the ground.
In this type of situation if you have divested yourself of your 5000 where do you go from there? For me I will be retaining my 5000, the better half will put it to good use with a smallish coil on it; while I'm out scouring the countryside with the 7000 should I decide to purchase one.
Ok, the budget will probably dictate which way some of us jump when we know for sure how many $$$$$$$$$$$ we have to part with for the new machine, but not having the ability to run a smaller coil,(that is as fare as we know at this point in time) could present a real problem for some lucky detectorists swinging a 7000,s who find themselves in the above situation having sold their 45/5000 machines.
Food for thought.
Cheers,SinHof.

I will wait until I get unbiased reports from professional prospectors I know who will push this thing to its' limits. I can see a few hours spent at test pits in the not to distant future.

The depth issue - hmm, I guess a trade off will be, extra depth on smaller coils which I really think is MLs point, plus the increased sensitivity. For example, will say an 11" get me the depth of the current 18"? Lugging 18" plus size coils all day is not fun, although rewarding. My other big concern is the whole coil issue - will all the previous DD and monos be compatible? I have a lot of $ tied up in coils as I guess a few of us have. I suppose, unless we can do some electronic trickery, it may mean the end of hand-made coils.

The big coil issue has been gathering some steam for a while. I have seen set-ups where counter-weights are required to be worn as the coils, usually hand-made are just so big. Great for depth, killer on the back. Carts and dragging have proved sort of popular albeit somewhat erratic on anything but super level ground.

Next question - will we still be able to run a drag coil behind a quad bike?

many, many questions and only time will tell. I can only hope this thing is out and being used by the time of the next Gold Bash - wont there be some heated debates there!

Yep, If there's no coil options for the GPZ it'd most likely make a lot of 5000 owners think twice before purchasing one. I for one wouldn't if I can get the same depth performance with my 4500 and a large coil. I'm not so sure how much of the initial retail cost of the GPZ is due to the SUPER D coil technology. It's possible if there are coil options they may be FAR more expensive than for the GPX5000. Could be another issue considering we're potentially looking at a 10 grand detector in standard trim..

nuggetino said:
Yep, If there's no coil options for the GPZ it'd most likely make a lot of 5000 owners think twice before purchasing one. I for one wouldn't if I can get the same depth performance with my 4500 and a large coil. I'm not so sure how much of the initial retail cost of the GPZ is due to the SUPER D coil technology. It's possible if there are coil options they may be FAR more expensive than for the GPX5000. Could be another issue considering we're potentially looking at a 10 grand detector in standard trim..

Yep, Having them coils is what helps your detector Become Tailor made to do A certain job, Maybe for fine gold they are expecting A Person to buy the SDC as well?? Which might explain As to Why the 7000 comes with such A big coil??

Food for thought I Reckon.

john

Latest posts