Gpz and an sdc stolen

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will keep an eye out.

I startled some people in a little silver car other day ...soon as they saw me walking through the bush towards them they spun the tyres and took of in a hurry....sus as.
Not if they were watching me and lost track of me or just they just didnt expect to be seen by anyone doing whatever it was they were doing?

If your not swinging a detector out in the bush and run into me expect me to be guarded or even a little hostile....I dont trust many people.

Chewy said:
Just read on fb a couple blokes had their bus broken into out the whippy, and a Gpz 7000 and an sdc 2300 were stolen. Keep an eye out for any 2nd hand sales that smell a bit fishy.

Perhaps a good idea would be to post up the serial numbers ?
:|
There is one on ebay that your not allowed to pick up must be delivered and you must allow 10 days ???? For my money I'd like to lay eyes and hands on it before I handed over the reddies
Disregard the above re ebay as item has been removed ................... funnily enough

Should be easy for any half arsed copper to track that eBay user, bet they don't though

It may be just me but there is a GPX5000 at the moment brand new on Ebay being bid on and the bid has reached $5052 with 6 hours to run. It has a lot of miss wording in description and also 2 year warranty ? Not sure why you would bid or buy this when CWPS ( Also other dealers with same good deals running) have the same machine with 3 year warranty (Minelab standard warranty period I believe) and a Evo $450 coil thrown in for $5440 brand new from a registered dealer ?
As said doesn't make sense in my world :rolleyes:
Guess it's as always ................... buyer beware .................... very aware.

Sheryl said:
They had 2 GPZ 7000's and a SDC.
Yep it was to Sheryl. Apparently the guys were out there making a doco, so it kinda explains why they were away from the car and detectors. Turns out the zeds were hired from Coiltek. So it would be good if they got them back, or the hire side of things could be a thing of the past. That's a lot of money tied up thats disappeared.

Yeah gotta watch out for the knock off detectors on ebay. Counterfeit detectors made in China that look like Minelab detectors but are not even close. For that price much better to buy from a ridgey didge dealer. :)

Bogger said:
It may be just me but there is a GPX5000 at the moment brand new on Ebay being bid on and the bid has reached $5052 with 6 hours to run. It has a lot of miss wording in description and also 2 year warranty ? Not sure why you would bid or buy this when CWPS ( Also other dealers with same good deals running) have the same machine with 3 year warranty (Minelab standard warranty period I believe) and a Evo $450 coil thrown in for $5440 brand new from a registered dealer ?
Guess it's as always ................... buyer beware .................... very aware.

Bidding now at $5352 ................... go figure totally beyond me why you would purchase at that price from flea bay ?

Bogger said:
Bogger said:

Bidding now at $5352 ................... go figure totally beyond me why you would purchase at that price from flea bay ?

Looks very like shill bidding to me and I think bidder h***s (15) is the shill. He entered the bidding at only $1,076 and has been pushing the price up and up. I was expecting him to push the price as high as he dared and then drop out, which is exactly what's now happened:
1460865468_shill_bidding.jpg

One idea that may slow thefts down would be to be able to lock the machine down as one can with a mobile phone ? I'm sure it would be possible to have this option such as a user unlock code put in the machine software? If people were aware that the machine may be totally worthless to them then I'm sure it may slow the theft rate down ?
It would appear that the scum have cottoned on to the fact that most vehicles in a detecting area could well have thousands of dollars of equipment in them and hence making them a worthy target
:(

Grubstake ..................... tend to agree and given the machine even after the bid retraction is still more than you can purchase if from a registered dealer you would want to make damn sure it was all it is supposed to be.
Details such as this in the item description makes me think perhaps not ?

Research plate: 2

PLATE TYPE: 11 "11" DD mONO LOOP 279.4 mmm

Along with RETRO LIGHTING and a Built in speaker :rolleyes:

Bogger said:
One idea that may slow thefts down would be to be able to lock the machine down as one can with a mobile phone ? I'm sure it would be possible to have this option such as a user unlock code put in the machine software? If people were aware that the machine may be totally worthless to them then I'm sure it may slow the theft rate down ?
It would appear that the scum have cottoned on to the fact that most vehicles in a detecting area could well have thousands of dollars of equipment in them and hence making them a worthy target
I reckon that's a brilliant idea! Sell that one to Minelab mate! It'd have to be a user option though as some may get shitty after a heavy night, forgetting their code and losing the rest of their time in field. But it's on their heads if it gets stolen with code de-activated. Another idea, enforce fleabay to register and publish serial numbers. Us PAers keep a collective registry of all our equipment and serial numbers?

grubstake said:
Bogger said:
Bogger said:

Looks very like shill bidding to me and I think bidder h***s (15) is the shill. He entered the bidding at only $1,076 and has been pushing the price up and up. I was expecting him to push the price as high as he dared and then drop out, which is exactly what's now happened:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4012/1460865468_shill_bidding.jpg

Okay bidder is back with a bid of $5452 that's more than dealer price who also throws in a $450 coil to sweeten the deal . Totally beyond me ??????

yep your spot on the money Grubstake $5452 has now been retracted also ................. check below

Bid retraction and cancellation history

Bidder Action Date of Bid and Retraction
Member Id: h***s( 15Feedback score is 10 to 49) Retracted: AU $5,552.00
Bid: 17-Apr-16 13:30:44 AEST
Retracted: 17-Apr-16 13:35:28 AEST
Member Id: h***s( 15Feedback score is 10 to 49) Retracted: AU $5,452.00
Bid: 17-Apr-16 17:02:39 AEST
Retracted: 17-Apr-16 17:09:58 AEST

Bogger said:
Ebay have finally closed down that seller and his dodgy deals:
1462919802_tayadeh.jpg

Yes and so they should ........................ still get amazed at how people will pay more than they can buy at a dealers ? Probably get caught up in the moment I guess :rolleyes:

re; stolen detectors, you can buy very small trackers on ebay, that will fit inside detector body, they are the size of a 20 cent coin, and can be tracked by smart phone or computer, good for recovery if they get stolen, some have motion sensors that send an alert to your phone as well ,when tracker is turned on

Latest posts