Gpx4500

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rick, Where are you thinking of detecting. Why I ask if its in Vic I would suggest a 2300. If in WA the 2300 or 4500.

To me in Vic where detector operators have been going over the goldfields using Doug Stones Maps and John Tully's more detail maps ( since the late 80's) I think the 2300 is a better first detector.

I agree with the above comments the 4500 its a great detector it has been good to me ( I sold mine and early model last year for $2600) I just think the 2300 has the edge in Vic eg A group of us went to Vic a couple of months ago for 5 days or so most of us with 45's, 5K and 7K's found 3,4 or 5 pieces the guy using his wifes 2300 found 68, and 2 or 3 with his 7K.

Peter

Hi, rick56.

i have a sdc 2300, and its easy to use and finds gold. have been using it in the GT and works a treat.

Thankyou for the advice. Probably still stick with the as we will be travelling around the country and I have been given a couple of coils to use with it. 12 inch eliptical Nugget finder and an 18 inch round Colter.

Well, I purchased the 4500 yesterday along with the 14 x 9 Evo Nugget finder. Hope I'm on the right track here. I also have an 18 inch coiltek and 6 inch coil, along with the two coils provided when purchased. My wife fell in love with the size of the sdc2300 so that has been ordered and will be picked up in a fortnight. Then it's away to the GT for a couple of months touring and detecting. Thankyou all for the advice.

Thanks occasional panner, we are really looking forward to it. We used to do a bit of panning and sluicing years ago and we have done a bit of detecting in the past with a little success. In those days we had vlf machines . We have now reached that time in life where it's all about us (and the Grandkids). The plan is to infect the Grandchildren with the gold bug so that they can annoy their parents. This will give me some payback and if we score some gold that will be icing on the cake.

Rick it's a great detector, I am sure you will really enjoy using it, I hope you have fun and find lots of gold! You will also be in the GT at a good time now that it's spring. Where are you planning on going?

Latest posts