GPX 4000 vs 4500

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KGB

Kristian
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just thought I would ask you all for your advice :) Finally convinced the wife to let me get a second hand detector and am trying to weigh up the pro's and cons of the 4000 vs the 4500. This is my first detector, I have only had minor experience detecting from what I have hired previously (and that was pulling out copious amounts of horseshoe nails and bullet heads out of the ground).

Unfortunately I have been told the Miners Den hire detectors were all stolen a couple of years ago hence the reason for me looking to buy one (maybe this is their crafty plan in getting me to buy one).

Other than the cost would I really be missing that much if I went with the 4000 rather than the 4500? Just trying to weigh up the benefits between the two and justify the additional cost for the 4500...

Thanks in advance!

KGB

I just went through a similar exercise and ended up with a 4000. For $3000 it was far better value than all bar one 4500 that I'd seen since the beginning of the year. Came with a CC Pick, a Nugget Finder 17x11 mono (pre-Advantage series) and an S upper shaft (very comfortable). The 4500 is a newer machine and undoubtably more capable in the right hands. I felt that my hands weren't $1000 more capable!

Adrian

Latest posts