Got home to this :)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I have been having a bit of a rough time health wise lately and things have been a bit sad at home.
Got home the other afternoon to find this in my lounge room

1444341074_walbanker.jpg

God love my hubby, he knows I have wanted one for ages and he went and splurged.
Now my question is, what else do I need lol?
I know I need a pump but anything else?
Also, anyone around the Canberra region want to meet up to show me how to use the thing? LOL

That's awesome Spud.

You'll be cleaning up in no time I bet. Try and reach out to the engineer of this marvelous creation (Wal AKA WalnLiz), I'm sure with very little persuasion he'll offer to show you the ropes or at least point you in the right direction.

I hope your health improves.

Wow Spud, lucky you and a great hubby, I hope you do well with the gold you have the right gear. All the best with your health.

Cheers, DD

Totally awesome Spud,
All the best for your health and prospecting for the future.
Cheers Steve

Basically you just need a hose with a similar diametre as the sluice can handle ( at a guess it looks like 1" but get this checked ), hose clamps to hold each end of the hose to the sluice and pump. 2 funnels, one for fuel..one for oil ( depending on your pump ), jerrycan for fuel, a shovel, pan and sieve, a bucket or tub that the sluice can fit into for cleaning up, drinking water and food and your all good and ready to go dig :)

Oh..safety..maps..gps..company..

Make sure you have a large concentrates bucket too so you can fit the massive nuggets you will find into it :)

G'day Spud,

I'm only about a month or so in front of you with a new Walbanker, so can't claim to be any sort of expert.

I bought one of the Honda WX15 pumps that Wal recommends, pricey but good quality. There are cheaper alternatives around, if you do a search here you will find plenty of discussion on brands like Rato, Thornado etc.

Recommended hose size is 1 1/2" and you will need a 1" reducer and 1 1/2" elbow at the spraybar end. I got the reducer and elbow from the irrigation shop in Tennant St out at Fyshwick.

For the suction hose I just grabbed a couple of 1M lengths of corrugated pool hose from a pool shop and use the strainer that came with the pump and some camlock fittings on the pump end.

I bought a 30M roll of 1 1/2" layflat and some camlock fittings from Southern Hose at Queanbeyan and cut the hose into 15/10/5 meter lengths that can be joined together. I've since picked up an extra 30M roll of canvas layflat off Ebay, but beware it's a bit of a bugger to get it onto the camlock fittings.

Maybe we can coax some more experienced members to accompany us on a newbie's trip out to Oallen Ford some time.....

Cheers,
John

Awesome digger there is plenty of information on site which will help you get set up. J.

Thanks so much everyone!
Bundy jd thanks for the info - I shoved it under hubby's nose and said we need this haha

Thinking of going to gg tomorrow, anyone going anywhere close for a dig?

Got yourself a very good Banker there if I don't say so myself Spud. ;) . Ive been out of town a fair bit lately and haven't checked my inbox of late. A quick check just now and i didn't see a message. Send me a PM and I'll organize a trip out with you and set the banker up on some good gold. We'll go through the basics and I'll give you a day course on how to maximize your chances by reading a stream and its geology correctly.

I'll even guarantee you will take home some gold to start that collection. ;)

Cheers

Wal.

Sweet looking present there Spud. Congratz.
and a day out in the field with Wal...now I am double jealous.
Have a great tie with your new banker :)

Great banker spud. Plus you get the man himself to show you how to use it. That's like getting Malcom Turnbull to do your tax return. :D You are very lucky and with Wals instructions you should learn in one day what would take you months just by your self. Good luck with your new gear.

Latest posts