Gosford Glyphs

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
grubstake said:
davent said:
Bloody ripper, thanks for posting.
Why is hard to believe that a civilization that built the pyramids, couldn't explore the world by sea?
I personally think they're genuine.

Perhaps because the whole history of Egypt under the pharoahs is that of an intensely inward-looking, religion-focused civilisation, rather than an outgoing exploring/trading/conquering state? Or maybe because stone boats don't float very well.

I watched as much of the video as I could take, but lost confidence in the presenter when he pointed to the round patches of lichen overlying the glyphs on the stone and identified it as "moss". :p

And his Egyptian translators lost me when they talked about ocean-going exploration, but supported that claim with the length of the vessel, as though that is the deciding factor for sea-going voyages. Unless the pharoahs also dug the Suez Canal, Egypt is an enormous distance from the east coast of Australia, through some of the world's roughest seas, which is utterly unfeasible in a wide, shallow-draught, top-heavy, Nile-cruising barge like that shown in the video:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4012/1583135295_gg1.jpg

All good points. There would most definitely need to be more evidence to suggest the theory is plausible, and its that type of critical thinking that requires addressing.

Most studies on the vast majority of civilizations tends to suggest that long journeys through rough seas are more a modern phenomenon than an ancient one, however there are many good examples of seemingly impossible journeys that have clear evidence to in fact occured.

The DNA of Australian aboriginals has been found to be part of the dna in southern South American peoples, yet there is no study to suggest they had boats even capable of making the journey. Some of the lineage papers though have concluded they went from here and mixed there, not the other way around.

Were they sea faring? Did canoes get blown off shore in wild weather and some survived the journey? Noone really knows but there is at least three times in the last 2 millenia that seperate groups interbred with Southern South Americans, so from this 2 things can be deduced .

Most definitely successful (but possibly accidental) voyages were made, and the dna was not from anywhere but "modern" aboriginals, not far distant relatives that were the originators of the genus 10s of thousands of years ago.

It was only a decade or 2 ago Clovis first was considered mainstream, that has also recently suffered overturning. Whole careers of acedemics theory evaporated. Many of the worlds mysteries are yet to be uncovered/solved.

:lol: Written by Rex Gilroy a certified crackpot. Owner of a zillion yowie plaster cast footprints, has seen yowies, has seen a sabre tooth big cat killing sheep, has seen aliens, discovered dozens of Egyptian settlements and tools and statues.
Now calls himself Dr Gilroy.

The guy is a potato!

madtuna said:
:lol: Written by Rex Gilroy a certified crackpot. Owner of a zillion yowie plaster cast footprints, has seen yowies, has seen a sabre tooth big cat killing sheep, has seen aliens, discovered dozens of Egyptian settlements and tools and statues.

The guy is a potato!

yeah, well....Rex.....Ol Rexy.....well, ummm......yeah.....

http://www.rexgilroy.com/complete-uru-story.html

I guess he's no worse than some of those extremist greenie vegans, or religious fanatics though....

madtuna said:

The guy is a potato!

Go easy on the potato Steve, Rex is my brothers idle. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I believe that they mean Phoenicians, not Egyptians.
Cheers

Doug

davent said:
StoneTheCrows said:
OldGT said:

Central Coast residents.
Same as MT, they look dodgy.
I first saw them as a teen in the early 70's and they looked about a coupe of years old then.
some looked older than others but all looked doge.
I have seen real hg in egypt (supposedly thousands of years old) and there is nothing similar at all.

Nothing similar at all?
Maybe you should watch the clip, you can read along with the translator from the book.
I'm sure that because of where it is, there is bound to be some recent graphitti and bullshit there, but when translated by experts, it's pretty hard to believe that some central coast local from the 1970,s bb or WW1 vet managed to write down 3 Egyptian names, and tell a story using 300 hyroglyphs, some of which have not been published In translator books until 2012,

Come down and check em out Dave - then we can go down the pub for a few ales. :beer:

Latest posts