Gosford Glyphs

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldtarget

(AKA OldGT)
Reaction score
Just came out of a livestream of an interesting video on the Glyphs.

Always wondered about the mystery around this, and after running in circles despite my gut feelings almost resigned myself to the fact that between a lack of translation and no published papers on a serious study that they may have been more than likely gibberish carved by who knows at some time in the recent past. Entertaining, but not compelling.

Well the video I just watched had some experts look at the writings and have translated some of it, also giving it some dating context and have not only put their results to upcoming Youtube videos but have produced a paper on those same reults.

The people undertaking this are extremely credible, unlike some of the previous attempts and the results are not only compelling, but highly interesting.

I know a couple of people here have an inteest in gympie and if gosford can be confirmed perhaps the door on gympie may be left ajar for consideration. Once the original streamed video is up with links to the Egyptian team who did the deciphering Ill provide the link.

The guy streaming is an exceptional young Aussie with top notch content and I would encourage any one to check out his high quality and thorough collection.

:Y:

Bloody ripper, thanks for posting.
Why is hard to believe that a civilization that built the pyramids, couldn't explore the world by sea?
I personally think they're genuine.

First saw them in about 1983 and up close they are as dodgy as a dodgy thing and some looked reasonably fresh. Saw them again in the 90's and they had definitely been added to.

I guess if the first recorded sightings were back in the twenties before the symbols used were printed in dictionaries then it would appear to be genuinely ancient Egyptian carvings? I'm convinced enough to have them on my bucket list :)

Half of What `You See` & ` Nothing of What You Hear.` :clap: :clap: :clap: :poop:

Quote;
Aussiebloke0001
10 hours ago (edited)
Haven't watched the video yet but I can confirm, with 100% confidence, that the glyphs are NOT real. Back in the early 2000s I visited the Gosford glyphs for the first time. My wife told a workmate about them and was surprised when the woman told her that she used to go there as a child. Her family often picnicked in the area. She had an interesting story that I've confirmed through other sources. Not far from the glyphs are/were the foundations of a house owned by a WW1 veteran who had been in Egypt. He originally carved the glyphs after his return based on what he saw in Egypt but he was no expert so that's why some of the characters are wrong, reversed and why the cartouches are rectangular. My wife's workmate was able to confirm that others had added to the glyphs over time. In the 1980s a man was actually caught chiselling glyphs by a National Parks and Wildlife Services (NPWS) officer. The chisel is on display at the NPWS office. Photos that I've seen online confirm that people are reworking the glyphs to this day. If you visit the site, be sure to check out the glyph for a 16-pin, dual inline integrated circuit. You'll never see one anywhere else. There's also a penis glyph.

As for the translation, this was actually made by a man called Rex Gilroy, many years ago. He never provided any real proof as to how he translated the glyphs. That translation was made last century.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
One would think had an Egyptian Ship been wrecked in that vicinity some evidence would have washed ashore and been found by now.
Not everything was made of wood. :p

For what its worth some of the comments above are why this is so compelling, although theres much doubt the authenticity of all the glyphs, along comes a translation by (expert) interepters of part of the transcript.

While it wont challenge a mainstream view of them being a hoax or faked, a conclusion I already arrived at based upon what Id read on them, I can find room for doubt enough to accept there may be some which have a possibility to be genuine.

Hey OldGT,
i didn`t hit the like button because i agree or disagree it`s just nice to see there are those that find the term Discernment.
I have no doubt Egyptians ventured into Oz just like Vikings ect.
Had an Older bloke here 20 years ago he said he found in that area 3 pyramids around a meter tall i`m not shore if anyone else has come across them yet.
He would have passed away by now so i can`t ask him that exact location.
Down the end of the 2nd road on the left from Kariong to Woy Woy road he said.
but is this site at All legit i don`t think so if so Archeologist would have verified that by now.
That`s my 2 bobs worth. :D

Well if it was a WW1 vet that did them, he must have been a genius to be able to put together anything that makes some sense in translation.
Even more so that he wrote 3 names of supposed survivors.
I think that the he boomerang thing is interesting to, although I'm pretty sure that boomerangs have shown up in Africa in to.

3mDWXtW.jpg

BgYQcdb.jpg

Half the people who promote this like that toss pott Rex Gilroy have also seen yowies, believe in big cats running around the bush and swear they've had alien butt probes

I think thats what makes it so easy to dismiss with crack pots and amateurs promoting it and the distinct possibility there has been additions. Theres been a few academics examine it too that have dismissed it so its even more of a case to dismiss them.

On the other hand most people will also tell you including acedemics and historians that the Chinese never made it to NZ but theres good evidence to suggest that happened.

I've never heard of the Gosford Glyphs before this thread, it's fascinating and I'd love to go see them.
The mystery is soooo very..... mysterious.
Glad you posted it OldGT

OldGT said:

Central Coast residents.
Same as MT, they look dodgy.
I first saw them as a teen in the early 70's and they looked about a coupe of years old then.
some looked older than others but all looked doge.
I have seen real hg in egypt (supposedly thousands of years old) and there is nothing similar at all.

StoneTheCrows said:
OldGT said:

Central Coast residents.
Same as MT, they look dodgy.
I first saw them as a teen in the early 70's and they looked about a coupe of years old then.
some looked older than others but all looked doge.
I have seen real hg in egypt (supposedly thousands of years old) and there is nothing similar at all.

Nothing similar at all?
Maybe you should watch the clip, you can read along with the translator from the book.
I'm sure that because of where it is, there is bound to be some recent graphitti and bullshit there, but when translated by experts, it's pretty hard to believe that some central coast local from the 1970,s bb or WW1 vet managed to write down 3 Egyptian names, and tell a story using 300 hyroglyphs, some of which have not been published In translator books until 2012,

davent said:
Bloody ripper, thanks for posting.
Why is hard to believe that a civilization that built the pyramids, couldn't explore the world by sea?
I personally think they're genuine.

Perhaps because the whole history of Egypt under the pharoahs is that of an intensely inward-looking, religion-focused civilisation, rather than an outgoing exploring/trading/conquering state? Or maybe because stone boats don't float very well.

I watched as much of the video as I could take, but lost confidence in the presenter when he pointed to the round patches of lichen overlying the glyphs on the stone and identified it as "moss". :p

And his Egyptian translators lost me when they talked about ocean-going exploration, but supported that claim with the length of the vessel, as though that is the deciding factor for sea-going voyages. Unless the pharoahs also dug the Suez Canal, Egypt is an enormous distance from the east coast of Australia, through some of the world's roughest seas, which is utterly unfeasible in a wide, shallow-draught, top-heavy, Nile-cruising barge like that shown in the video:

1583135295_gg1.jpg

maybe they used a different boat?

https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/reed-boat-0012385

Maybe its a ll a hoax like you think, maybe the Egyptians really did somehow make it to the east coat of Australia.

Maybe Australia was visited a few times by ship wrecked explorers.....https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/may/12/it-could-change-everything-coin-found-off-northern-australia-may-be-from-pre-1400-africa

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...orthern-australia-may-be-from-pre-1400-africa

Latest posts