Google Maps Route to Google Earth

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shakergt

Moderating Team
Reaction score
Is it at all possible to send a route from google maps to google earth? I want to do this so I add a planed trip to my GPS.

Slightly confusing. What are you trying to do? To what GPS? Google earth use KML but Garmin use GPX or JNX . IIRC

Yes it is. Export planned route as a KMZ from google maps, import to Google earth. :Y:

1597448817_route.jpg

Example

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/doc/member-docs/3008/1597449037_directions_from_springwood_to_cairns.kmz

Change extension by: Right click, properties, opens with, (SASplanet)

Opened up my google earth pro this morning to look at something and blow me down , all my routes and placemarks ( which are marked on my paid gold app on my phone using google earth ) are there on the screen . Somehow the phone app synced with google earth on my laptop when i sent one of those KMZ files to my email. Scary stuff. So ,yes. It can be done. Mr Magoo is on the money.

Shakergt if you're into paying around with maps please take a look at SASplanet. You will learn so much.

Any ideas on how to get the geo maps from dmirs to work with garmin 66st ?

Mr Magoo said:
Shakergt if you're into paying around with maps please take a look at SASplanet. You will learn so much.

Latest posts