Good day out

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beach detecting addict

Robert Griffiths
Reaction score
Today I had a bit of time to spare, and there was know better way to spend it. So I grabbed the detecting gear and off I went to one of the local parks. For the first 20 minutes all I got was rubbish :( so a change of location put me right on the money. All up I found $32.94 in decimal coins and I also found a silver ring, along with a dog tag and an aldi token for a shopping trolley.

Then I got a good signal that read 82 on my At pro and I dug up a Fijian 2cent piece. All my targets were retrieved with a screw driver and garret pro pointer.
1399201615_dsc04181.jpg

1399201648_dsc04176.jpg

cheers Rob

The slit method would work well in couch. You can pull it away undamaged and then return it to its former position.

You did well considering how often parks are frequented by detectorists these days, $2 coins rule, and silver is always good to round the day off with. :)

Thanks GP I seem to find more $2 coins than $1 coins, and I love it when I do find them, it brings the total up quickly. :)
cheers Rob

Goldpick said:
You did well considering how often parks are frequented by detectorists these days, $2 coins rule, and silver is always good to round the day off with. :)

I have mine all in $20 and $10 piles there are exactly the same amount of piles of 1's and 2's. I'm getting them on an even ratio over the last 3 months.

Latest posts