Good and bad luck this evenings swing

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystyk59

Bill
Reaction score
1361807250_imag0092.jpg
Was really looking forward to going out with the detectors today as i have been in Perth for most of this month visiting our boys there. My detecting buddy Dale has got a couple of days off work .But another 40 c day so too hot and we decided to go this evening for a couple of hours. We headed off to a spot about 70km from town that Dale had got a 5.7 grammer from last month. When we got there we saw the rain in the distance and the ominous rumble of thunder.I got set up and my best friend my 12'' Nugget finder started screaming at me , i couldnt even get it closer than 2ft to the ground. I had the same problem with it last time i was out but it was ok after i disconnected and reconnected it. Tonight it just wouldnt have it, i think its terminal :( . So i ended up putting on the 10'' coiltek joey and thought i would try that. Just as it got too dark to see and i was walking back to the car to get my headlamp i got a signal. I managed to find the little 0.2 piece in the pitch black. Then the heavens opened up thunder, lightning the works.We sat in the car until the storm had passed and then got back out there. Dale was looking a bit crook and said he had a bad headache but would keep going ( They breed em tough in the Territory ! lol ) I got another signal and found a little 0.12 piece. By now Dale was starting to throw up as well so we decided to call it a night. On the way back we got held up by a roo hogging the road who wouldnt let us pass .When he decided to veer off the road he startled a big heifer who was hiding in the bushes and bolted out straight in front of us ! We missed it by inches. I am hoping that it is a problem with the connector on the coil and not the coil itself as i love that nuggetfinder ! So if Dale is up to it we are back out tomorrow evening and hopefully find something a bit bigger. But any gold is gold so i am happy. If i only find 1 little piece every time i go i will have a lot of little pieces in the end
Happy Hunting folks
Bill :cool:

Good find in the dark Bill :) Chris was about 6-7metres away from me with his sd 2100 me using sd2000 and his detector was going off unstable due to my machine interfering at that distance. The other issue could be EMI from the storm some detectors can't handle it.

Cheers joe

Hey Joe, Its deffo the coil mate :( I am lucky that i have a great 4000 that runs really quiet and handles emi etc really well and it happened the time before as well i was going along great and it went crazy on me. i changed coils went back to the same spot and it was good as gold. It went ok when i put it back on for a while and then it happened again and last night it was like it straight away. Before i even started to have a swing !. Put on another coil and the detector ran as smooth as even when the storm started to get close. And myself and Dale always keep a bit of distance between us. So it looks like i am saving up for a new one ! The nuggetfinder is such a great coil none of the false calls when you hit a rock or stick, supersensitive i have a piece 0.01 that i found with it. Thanks for the f/back though mate. I found the 2000 hard to use here i couldnt keep it ground balanced at all ! Plus we have very mineralised ground here . You found much with it ? Thanks again Bill :cool:

Cheers Bill, I have found tons of nails lol no big nuggets not even a small ones and yes forever ground balancing but thats all I can justify at this stage.. i know it well by now. WoW 0.01g thats good I would have missed 100's with my museum artifact. :)

Latest posts