Goldtrip from QLD to VIC

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marimitch if you're coming down from Armidale you could do worse than drop into one of the historical NSW goldfields like Hill End, Ophir, Sofala, Stuart Town, Hargraves/Windeyer even if only to check out the history side of things. Running water may be a problem though in a lot of spots, we've had some rain but not enough for sustained flows yet. Should be plenty of holes to pan in. Sofala might be ok but it was fairly still last week.
Hill End has plenty to do/see & would be on my list for a trip through NSW. If you wanted to there is no reason you couldn't visit 2-3 or even all those areas as they are within easy travelling distance especially if you went to Stuart Town onto Ophir then Hill End/Hargraves/Windeyer then through Sofala/Wattle Flat before heading down to Tuena.

Hey guys,
Last weekend we stayed in tuena and it was awesome. We finaly got some good colour.
I have made some pics so you can see it.

1385444393_image.jpg

Thats our small sluicebox in action!!

1385444509_image.jpg

1385444573_image.jpg

That is the biggest piece we found

1385444640_image.jpg

And that is all we found in Australia so far.

So where should we go next?
To oallen or adelong?

Cheers Marius and Michelle

hey good on ya mate! wow its looks perfect for it, is the water warming up? its starting to get warm here in Ballarat currently 24 and sunny. now you've got your first good bit of colour time to double it :)

The water was cold and the nights were soo cold :lol:
Yeah thats for sure i hope that i will find more gold in Vic :)

If you are coming to the centre of the Vic Golden Triangle (Dunolly/Tarnagulla etc) - there is NO running water in any creek that I am aware of. Most are either dry or a series of mosquito ridden mud holes. Some of the bush dams are still pretty full - they are marked on most gold maps and sign posted in the bush with blue signs that are marked 'WP' (water point). I guess you could take your soil and pan in the dams. The Ballarat/Creswick crew may be able top advise on Slaty Creek. As you are heading south into the summer, please make your self aware of the bushfire action plans, evacuations etc and be aware that state forests are no go areas on some declared days. That includes camping, detecting and of-course -no lighting of fires. Still plenty of detecting going on down here.

Check the CFA link for advice: http://www.cfa.vic.gov.au/

is is that dry up there already Loamer? I was up in Dunolly, Pyronese, Bet bet, only 4 weeks ago and there was water amazing how quick is dries up down here. Slaty creek has gone from overflowing to a nice moderate flow, will be good for another month i think, there's quite a few dams around that are completely full anyway so you can still process your material.

G0lddigg@ said:
is is that dry up there already Loamer? I was up in Dunolly, Pyronese, Bet bet, only 4 weeks ago and there was water amazing how quick is dries up down here. Slaty creek has gone from overflowing to a nice moderate flow, will be good for another month i think, there's quite a few dams around that are completely full anyway so you can still process your material.

There is some horrible black gunk in Burnt Creek. Wanyarra Creek, patchy and murky. Sandy Creek -dry. Five Mile dry. etc etc. As per usual, its just dried out quickly but the dams are looking Ok. Went fishing below the weir at Laanacoorie - the boys will string me up if I say what we were catching - yum yum. Lots of Carp in the main reservoir though which is open for skiing as well - plenty of water in there. Ankers Causeway is up, but I guess its all the run off arriving from a few weeks ago. Almost forgot -the Loddon down stream is flowing - they appear to be releasing water.

Well done Marimitch,
Some nice colour there AND some serious digging amongst those tree roots.
Well done hope you find more ..... and thanks for posting.
Cheers Tom

Hey

We will be in adelong this weekend and maybe some of you will join us?

Cheers Marius and Michelle

G'day

Today was our first time in adelong and it's not too bad, i think.

Here some pics:

1385712308_image.jpg

1385712353_image.jpg

1385712388_image.jpg

1385712424_image.jpg

Thats it so far i hope we will find more at the weekend:)

Cheers Marius & Michelle

I just wanted to show you want we found in adelong two weeks ago.

1387067195_image.jpg

Its a flat Nugget !!! And my first one :D

Latest posts