Goldtrip from QLD to VIC

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day guys me and my girlfriend are in Bundaberg right now and we want to
Start our road/goldtrip in the next couple of weeks.
We would love to meet some experienced diggers for some Camping and prospecting Action on our way down.
We already prospected the Deep creek in Gympie, but that was really disapointing.
I try to update this thread as often as i can so you can see our results.
If you have any suggetions were we have to go or what we have to see send me a Message.

Cherrs Marius & Michelle

Hey Diggerdude,
That sounds very interesting.. Do know some Spots?
I've only heard about Mt Perry.

Hey guys
Last week, me, my girlfriend, and an Australian friend tried to prospect the mount perry area, but we were not very succesfull. All the creeks in this area were dry and so it was really hard to pan for gold. After hours of driving we found a creek with water in it, not much, buuut enough to use our pan's...yeah. :D
After 30 minutes we stopped, because it was way too hot.. The only stuff we found was Lot of black sand..... But it was still a good day.
Our next spot will be Gympie i think, i have to try my new angus mackirk sluice :), and after Gympie we will drive to warwick.

Cheers, Marius and Michelle

hey mate good luck on the journey, welcome to drop us a pm if your around Ballarat area happy to take you out to some spots

hey mate good luck on the journey, welcome to drop us a pm if your around Ballarat area happy to take you out to some spots

That sounds great, i will definitley send you a pm.

check out the pyramid in gympie
not real so they say but I think it may be real

I googled it and it could be worth a look:D

Hey we are right now in warwick and went to glendons Camping and spent One night there.
Today we tried the thanes creek on their property but we found nothing...
We really want to get out with someone who has experience and can teach us some Knowledge.

So if someone is interested just send me a message.

Cheers Marius and Michelle

Thanks guys heading out Tuesday going to spend about 5 days camping and looking fwd to running my new home built highbanker was there many people camping out there when you were there yesterday ?

Hope the colour finds you. I'll be doing a similar trip, except from Canberra - Palmer River QLD over the christmas holidays.

Plenty of places around Dunolly, Talbot, Maryborough, Bendigo etc. in Vic. & lots of people down this way willing to help out with places to go. :)

Hey thanks very much, maybe we will be in Vic in december.
Now we are in nsw and we want to find some color here.
Maybe someone can give us some tips, where we definitely should go to.

Cheers, Marius & Michelle

Hay Marius,
Where in NSW are you and where are you heading? What gear do you have?
Oallen Ford will always give up some fine gold but there are no facilities there. There are normally fossickers there to give you some pointers.
Tuena is a good place to fossick and has good facilities. Some of the other members may be able to elaborate on that.
There are other places like Nundle or Turon but it all depends on which way you are heading.

Cheers
Mick

Hey Mick right now i am driving along the waterfall way to armidale and than further south. I can visit every spot because i have a Lot of time. :)
I have gold pans and a small angus mackirk sluicebox,so running water would be great.
Tuena sounds good to me i will definitely go there.
Thanks for the great info.

Cheers, Marius & Michelle

Latest posts