GoldTeeth's finds with the X terra 305

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sup all..been hitting local park
bought small pick making life much easier lol,found almost 4$ last hunt was stoked :D
1438852173_2015_july_3_284.jpg

found my first penny..was bit banged up ,mower mybe,cant see any dates
1438852267_2015_july_3_276.jpg

Hi Goldteeth. I have moved your post to it's own topic so you can post all your finds in one place and we can keep track of your progress.
If you don't like this idea, just let me know and I'll sort it out.

Cheers

Ramjet

silver said:
careful swinging any sort of pick in a park,.. that will just bring the bull down on you and make it look bad for us all. :|

Agreed, better off with a trowel vs a pick in parks, makes it much easier to to do a clean recovery of a coin, and visually it will be less imposing and hence less likely to attract the wrong sort if attention from groundsmen & council workers. ;)

If you find the ground is too hard for digging with anything less than a pick, better off detecting somewhere more suitable for the time being, or at least try those areas again after some rainfall.

Doesn't have to be an expensive purchase either, here is an example of a good alternative sold through Goldsearch Australia for only $20.

http://www.goldsearchaustralia.com/...owels-shovel/coin-hunters-digging-trowel.html

A pinpointer is also a must for all coin hunters, once you get one you will find the recovery process so much easier, and also leave less mess in the process.

Other than that, looks like you are managing to get amongst the coins with your 305, and congratulations on your first pre-decimal coin, hopefully many more to come. :)

yes i agree..but no body bothers me at 10 pm ..lol
always tidy up ,never leave holes
when i get a pinpointer i should more efficient..i will check out a trowel
just got back from a hunt found 5c and a heap of pull tabs..not worth the pic :lol:

bunnings have plastic trowels. I have the skinny one it works well with the pinpointer... careful though it'll break if you force a rock with it. buy a couple. $4 ea

GoldTeeth said:
yes i agree..but no body bothers me at 10 pm ..lol
always tidy up ,never leave holes
when i get a pinpointer i should more efficient..i will check out a trowel
just got back from a hunt found 5c and a heap of pull tabs..not worth the pic :lol:
But they will still see you on the cameras in the morning,...and no amount of fixing can happen perfectly when you use a pick,..dirt flies and holes fill albeit depressed lower than normal, and you will kill grass and step on toes in your area if you continue to pick your way into a park,....everyone will end up keeping a close eye on YOU,.....regardless of the time you are out there. :eek:
Somewhere on PA is a thread that has how to dig good plugs in it,....seek and he shall find. :D

screw driver good idear,whats that bent looking knife ive seen u guys using
,looks like it would be easy to use
the parks i search are not flash lol.normaly only dig in areas with little grass or none.play ground bark around park bench, fence lines.atm i find grass is a pain in the ass .but i get it .dont wanna ruin it for others
will head to inner city parks in the future were these tips will help.

I'd rate what I'm doing with the plastic trowel and the pinpointer as comparable to demo 1.

find the coin, pop it out of the grass and step on the result. I reckon you'd be hard pressed to spot any of my how ever many hundred retrievals (coins n crap) in the past week.

the plugs I found last night were a disgrace, yet they are touted as a good option??.