Golden Triangle food Pit Stops

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah the Dunolly Pub, brings back great memories.
Went there every evening for dinner, just the three of us but come Friday the pulican says we better book if we are comin in on Saturday Night. Well I couldn't stop laughin almost wet meself.
Blow me down, Saturday Night we roll up and not a bloody seat anywhere the place is bustin at the seams with people. The publican says " I told ya so" but he knew we would be in and had three chairs and a table righty next to the open fire where the logs go in length ways.
Best FRESH FISH I ever had and I've eatin a bloody lot.
Thanks for the memories.
Cheers
Mackka

Hard Luck said:
So the pubs up that way are family friendly I presume? Seems Like I'll be spending a few days out there next week.

The Tarnagulla (The Golden Age) - closest to Dunolly is fine. Small pub. 15 minutes from Laanacoorie.

The Newbridge (closest to Laanecoorie) has the front bar which as you would expect from a country pub has many colourful identities - farmers, quarry workers, railway workers, road workers, prospectors etc. The language is quite informative. The dining room area is fine - good food. They also do take-away meals - pizzas, fish and chips etc. 10 minutes from the Park who have the number and menu.

The Golf Club and the Caledonian Club in Maryborough are both very good. Has a Maccas, lots of take-away joints and pubs. Great Chinese and Indian.

There is always Bendigo - RSL, sports arena, many pubs. RSL is very good - gets very busy.

There is no pub at Laanecoorie township, nor shops.

loamer said:
Hard Luck said:
So the pubs up that way are family friendly I presume? Seems Like I'll be spending a few days out there next week.

The Tarnagulla (The Golden Age) - closest to Dunolly is fine. Small pub. 15 minutes from Laanacoorie.

The Newbridge (closest to Laanecoorie) has the front bar which as you would expect from a country pub has many colourful identities - farmers, quarry workers, railway workers, road workers, prospectors etc. The language is quite informative. The dining room area is fine - good food. They also do take-away meals - pizzas, fish and chips etc. 10 minutes from the Park who have the number and menu.

The Golf Club and the Caledonian Club in Maryborough are both very good. Has a Maccas, lots of take-away joints and pubs. Great Chinese and Indian.

There is always Bendigo - RSL, sports arena, many pubs. RSL is very good - gets very busy.

Thanks for the informative answer loamer. Much appreciated.

Metamorphic said:
Redfin said:
Locals will not shop there unless they are desperate.
I can't see them supporting the pub.
Very popular with locals from what i can see

You may be right, only 30 years so our lot are not locals yet.
Why would a local pay $51 for a slab of VB, when they can go to Maryborough and get 2 for $74, get cheaper groceries, then
get a discount on their diesel.
$51 a slab is for city folk who are too lazy to prepare for a trip.

loamer said:

Gee this had brought back memories.

This has been a while since i last visited while
staying at the caravan park.

If my memory serves me righy back in the day
Maccas was not around and the Old drive in was
closed and just a paddock.

Redfin said:
Metamorphic said:
Redfin said:
Locals will not shop there unless they are desperate.
I can't see them supporting the pub.
Very popular with locals from what i can see

You may be right, only 30 years so our lot are not locals yet.
Why would a local pay $51 for a slab of VB, when they can go to Maryborough and get 2 for $74, get cheaper groceries, then
get a discount on their diesel.
$51 a slab is for city folk who are too lazy to prepare for a trip.

amen.... and walk up from the woolies servo and get a big bucket of KFC. mmmmmm. KFC.

Yep we always shop at woolys in Maryborough. Bakery and the paper and coffee's is all that is bought in Dunolly these days.
Fish and chips are ordinary everytime we have bought them .
KFC in The Borough as well YUM :)

the duck said:
wedderburn pub has great pork chops in balsamic very nice

I agree on Pork chops duck but I reckon Balsamic is in the top five yuks of all time along with Snails, Oysters (snot), Broad beans and silverbeet . Brussel sprouts would have to be up there as well. !!!

Latest posts