Golden Triangle food Pit Stops

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Thought I would start this thread where we
Can share our favorite food pit stops around
The triangle.

One of mine is the 1st convenience store
You come across As you enter creswick
coming from Talbot on the left.

Love a good pie and coke in a glass bottle.

These guys sells both.

Dunolly Bakery.
Carsibrook Bakery.
Newbridge General Store hamburgers.
Newbridge Pub Pizzas.

Dunolly Fish and Chip shop, Hamburgers are great and always fresh second to none.
Bakery for coffee and pie

What happened to the Dunolly Pub? Its up for sale and looks deserted.
Last time I was there I had a rump chips and eggs that would feed 10 people. It was hanging 3 inches either side of a huge plate.
That was going to be my fav eatery and boozery once Ronny left.

Tarnagulla Pub.....John's wife Mary makes a mean friday night burger, or fish and chips.

Dunolly Bakery pies also!

Royal had no licence - pub sold as a residence last weekend. Grocery shop people bought it. Railway still unopened. Tarnagulla and Newbridge are still open. Newbridge is going very well with the new owners since after Ray. Sal is still the cook. Terry is trying to get a beer garden open at the back.

deepblue said:
Dunolly Fish and Chip shop, Hamburgers are great and always fresh second to none.
Bakery for coffee and pie

Chips are very average. Had one semi-raw pizza. Steam dimmies are good.

Loamer - With the Dunolly Pub shut, correct me if I'm wrong but is take away alcohol available at the Dunolly IGA? I seem to recall seeing something in store.

I'm heading there in a month and was looking forward to "Tight Arse Thursday's" meal out.....

loamer said:
Grocery shop people bought it

Is that the little Asian guy and his wife?

Lovely, lovely people. Always have a joke and a laugh with them when i go in.

He always says to me, "Hello Wayne, any gold?"

I say nah, nothing (with a grin), he says "Ah you no tell me you find big gold hey", and then we both laugh!

Want to check out Newbridge also, have heard good things!

Yep, he has takeaway's Mike.

Yes, the Asian couple. I cannot get an answer if they are going to try and get the licence back. They were talking about how quiet the town is now on a Saturday night - it is. Remember the old days - the street used to be packed when both the pubs were open - locals, footy teams, prospectors. I guess the bowls club and footy club may take up the slack, but the Dunolly and Tarnagulla coppers have both said they are going to be taking a real close look at the Dunolly - Tarnagulla - Newbridge Road on Thurs, Fri, Sat nights.

I rarely take any food when I am out and about....Have a hearty breakfast of Weetbix - Coffee fill the 2 Litre water bottle a 2 Litre bottle of orange juice and I am good for 7 hours....

But any local Petrol Station suffices on the way home, can always count on one of them to have a pie.

How could I forget the Laanecoorie Lakeside Caravan Park. No take-away but cold drinks, bungers, gold maps, papers @ 9am, groceries and a good yarn. Not the same since Jimmy Stewart died but still a handy spot.

I have to agree with the Dunnolly bakery,, awesome pies.
Got one great pizza and 1 uncooked one from the takeaway, take ya chances there, but there chips and gravy was nice

Who knows what will happen here,
Pots @ $9.90???

It sold as a residence so the Liquor Licence must have been relinquished. To get it back they will have to spend a tidy sum.
Like the Railway, upstairs has basically been condemned, the balcony declared unsafe etc etc.

During the floods a few years ago and the roads were shut, the supermarket at Dunolly [they are NOT IGA] increased its prices dramatically for a few days.
Locals will not shop there unless they are desperate.
I can't see them supporting the pub.

1427522045_capture.jpg

I am not a pub drinker, but usually stop at the Newbridge on the way through for a few and a feed, no complaints there.

Anyone been to the Bealiba Pub since it has been taken over?

I found there prices quite a bit over the top.
Never bought food there, went in one day and grabbed a bottle of scotch.
Wow this is ok as I walked away smiling then I got to the coke :-(

Wolfau said:
The triangle.

These guys sells both.

That's Flemos take away and milk bar the owner Brian is a nice bloke and cooks good tucker, and if your there later in the day his wife puts on authentic Thai food yummy.

Captn

Redfin said:
Locals will not shop there unless they are desperate.
I can't see them supporting the pub.

Dunno about that Redfin, everytime im in there its always a line from the counter nearly back up to the meat section.

Very popular with locals from what i can see and i always have a chat with the lads in there.

If anyone can get the Pub off the floor, Jin and Anna can.

Great people who genuinely care, and I should be able to get cheap pots from Jin if I show him some gold...hehe!

$51 for a slab of VB from Jin.....not too bad considering they are $49 at BWS in Melb outskirts.

John up at Tarny charges me $55 but im not complaining.....we all gotta earn a quid and you cant beat the hospitality that you dont get in the city anymore hey!

Cheers mate ;)

Captain Zero said:
Wolfau said:
The triangle.

These guys sells both.

That's Flemos take away and milk bar the owner Brian is a nice bloke and cooks good tucker, and if your there later in the day his wife puts on authentic Thai food yummy.

Captn

Thanks for that. Yes Brian is great. I Always stop
By there on the way home and grab a nice hot
Pie and small cold glass bottle of coke. For the
$8 or so dollars its also great to support local
Business.

Latest posts