gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G,day All ,,,Something to ponder on,,,,,,,, When You find a piece of Gold ..99.9999999% chance that You are the only Person in the history of Mankind to have handled It !!!!!!!

L/R

Never thought much of it like that...

Makes every speck you find that little bit more special :)

G,day kemjak57...... Spooky thought aint it,,,, But I give it a lot of thought ....If someone else found, seen ect,, they would have taken it!!!!

L/R

Its funny myself and Dale was sitting down having a break one day when he looked at the pieces we had found and he said the same thing and i think that now every time i find a piece, I look at it and say to myself i am the only person in the world to have seen and touched this little bit of gold !

A bit of science behind gold...

Gold is found naturally occurring and at 100% purity thanks to it's electron structure. An atom of gold has 6 layers of orbiting electrons. The second to last layer has 18 electrons and the last layer has a single orbiting electron. Gold is discouraged from reacting with other elements (giving up it's outer single electron) because the second to last layer of 18 electrons is too unstable and would cause the gold to react violently to bring itself to a more stable compound. This is why gold is just happy being gold and can be found in pure nugget form!

Latest posts