Gold Trommel Qld

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have built a folding high-banker with classifier and am in the process of building a gold trommel and was wondering if others have built/used one and their opinions.

Mine will be 200 mm diameter, 700mm long and 5mm mesh. Also it will be run via a 12 volt motor on rollers for ease of transport.

I will post some pics when it is finished hopefully latter today.

Are you mining or fossicking?
If you are fossicking in queensland we are not supposed to use "mechanical" equipment.
It sound good all the same, the 12 v idea is a good one.

ken i think you will find it is ok to use a trommel in qld . a trommel is not used to excavate the dirt with, it is used to clean it ,no different to a sluice or high banker . trommels are used a lot in the field for gem stones by fossickers i believe .

johno

So long as the trommel is hand cranked it should be good.

We have a trommel at work at the moment getting modified. Been interesting to have a look at. It has answered a few questions I've had in my mind.

I need to build my crusher first! Not that it would technically be legal though being a petrol powered device.....

Hi mate what plans are you using? its not an active link so you'll have to copy and paste to view it
//www.goldpanningforums.com/downloads/diy/trommelplans.pdf

cheers

Latest posts