Gold Rush Pro Pan

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone here used a "Gold Rush Pro" pan before?

1368061786_usa_goldpan.jpg

Check them out here: http://www.usprospector.com/

I had a look at one on the weekend & thought what a simple design.

Simple things are often the best they say.

Looks a bit like a round cake tin that's had one side pushed in(creating one big drop riffle) & the other side pushed out(like a traditional pan).

Can't wait to have a go. Looks fast & thorough...

Made by the same mob that make the G-1 highbanker

I have had a go at one of these pans a few years ago. I liked it and found it easy to use.
Miners Den Sydney had them at one stage but now the only ones I can find are Green which I don't like. The blue one was great to use and showed the gold and black sands very well.

Creekbed.

I bought mine from Aussiedetecting in Bendigo.
Got it in the mail today. Looks the goods & can't wait to try it out :p

Okay, I haven't got the chance to go out to the creek with it yet but did trial it out @ home with some gravels I had laying round. It worked a treat.
Recovered all 6 test pieces from 1g to 0.bugger all.
Was fairly fast with it.
As a first trial I was very happy with it.

This guy in the YouTube clip pans like a champion, takes me one hour to pan out two scoops of cons in a 14" Garret and 1.5 hours for the same amount of scoops if i'm sampling, this guy does is less than two minutes!

:D I like it, had great success with [turbo pan] from Nuggets down Under in Mudgee, local here.

I think there both great.!!!

That is confidence in the pan not letting any gold out. If you use a super sluice pan, you should be able to get this one working as fast as the guy in the vid. Well that is from my novice point of view.

i dont get?? whats the point a drop riffle pan would be so much quicker than this with more security maybe i missed something

One side of the pan is one huge drop riffle 2" deep.
The Garret pan has 2 at 1/2" deep

Very interesting indeed, can understand why the weird shape is so...
What are the inner nipples for, the bumpy things in the middle?
Brad....

aushunter said:
Very interesting indeed, can understand why the weird shape is so...
What are the inner nipples for, the bumpy things in the middle?
Brad....

Lets call them nipples(coz we can :p ).
They're supposed to, as you shake your gravel from side to side, to help tumble the pan contents whilst doing the washing part of panning.
Then just tilt to the side with the deep edge & shake side to side to get the heavies to settle there. tip up to vertical to get rid of non gold bearing gravels. All you're left with is about 1/2 a cup. Then rotate the pan clockwise to work with a shallower edge, then the "regular pan" side & use the regular riffle to help you wash the fines out.

Looks like a good idea.
Any idea how much they are Ag man?

I have noticed on many of these demo videos an different pans and concentrators that the gravel they use produced very little muddy water which would suggest the gravel has been worked or preped before.

Does anybody have one of these pans and used it where clay is present?

I can see how it works and I will more than likely get one for the kit.
Dont knock it until you give it a go.
I will see if the chief of finance will let me part with a few bucks to get one.
Cheers
Brad...

Hay Brad,

if you are thinking of getting one give me a call and we can halve the shipping costs.

The bowl shape makes scence as gold tends to "walk" over riffles in my other pans if I go too fast.

Don't see how this could happen with that design. This looks like a more feel proof pan.

No worries Ken,We will sort something out, in the next few months I will be very busy with the build, putting up a new shed this weekend, well hopefully just the frame would be good enough.
I dont know if Brisgold has them in stock, I will get in contact with Cory and see if they have them and will purchase 2, you can fix me up when I get a chance to go over to your place or out in the field.
Are you still up for a one dayer? we can organise something, just take a heap of bkts out and load them up with creviced material and then take em out to the river for washing, a good way to enjoy an evening.
I reckon they will work pretty well, so maybe a field test on some real dirt not knowing what is actually in there. We always get gold out of the crevices so we cant go wrong.
Cheers
Brad....

Latest posts