Gold Rat Highbanker

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DrDuck said:
I keep hearing good things about these highbankers and the mat. How to convince the minister for war and finance that I need a new highbanker?
I had the same problem. I just sold some of my other equipment and other stuff on eBay and through this forum so it's approved by the minister of finance. Hahaha

Beagle Boy

I have a home made aluminium sluice that was going to turn inro a high banker
I look at the Gold Rat high banker & think to myself i am probably better off buying the Gold Rat than modifying my sluice
How much is the Gold Rat so can make the decision

Regards

Dirty Harry

You best to contact Dustin from Gold Rat. See below is his website with pricing etc. I don't think you will be able to make it cheaper and the same quality for what he is selling them for. Plus he is a experienced prospector him self so it has been tested in the field.

http://highbanker.com.au

Beagleboy said:
I took mine out for the first time yesterday. I have the 10" unit and could not be happier. I run it with WX15 Honda on about 3/4 throttle.
It eats dirt fast, smashes clay efficiently and at the end you are left with two handfuls of cons. About 40% of gold gets trapped in the hopper and the rest does not go past the 3 top rifles.
I also like the legs. I was bit worried about getting material stuck in there and not being able to move them. After using it I realised there is no way that could happen. Great design.
It's a beast and it works exactly as advertised. Considering what you are getting, the price is an absolute bargain. This unit is as good if not better than anything I have seen anywhere in the world.
Great job Dustin.

well mate i'm just thrilled to hear feedback like this its the reason i do what i do i juts love seeing people enjoying their hobby and being confident in their gear, thanks so much for the kind words.

I'm glad you see what i was trying to explain with the legs, i made the cavity larger than the legs for that reason, they will never get jammed up with gunk :)

i cant wait to see the video on balxys adventures :)

KEZZ said:
To right len, looks like another banker for me. Convert walbanker for gems and this for gold. Plus new detector my tax check is already spent lol

just a note on the gems guys, ive left the slick plate area bare for a reason, there is 24 cm of bare aluminium whihc i ahve actually tested using the gem mesh in which works well. i ahve another cool gem product in the pipeline but you'll have to wait :)

G0lddigg@ said:
Beagleboy said:
I took mine out for the first time yesterday. I have the 10" unit and could not be happier. I run it with WX15 Honda on about 3/4 throttle.
It eats dirt fast, smashes clay efficiently and at the end you are left with two handfuls of cons. About 40% of gold gets trapped in the hopper and the rest does not go past the 3 top rifles.
I also like the legs. I was bit worried about getting material stuck in there and not being able to move them. After using it I realised there is no way that could happen. Great design.
It's a beast and it works exactly as advertised. Considering what you are getting, the price is an absolute bargain. This unit is as good if not better than anything I have seen anywhere in the world.
Great job Dustin.

well mate i'm just thrilled to hear feedback like this its the reason i do what i do i juts love seeing people enjoying their hobby and being confident in their gear, thanks so much for the kind words.

I'm glad you see what i was trying to explain with the legs, i made the cavity larger than the legs for that reason, they will never get jammed up with gunk :)

i cant wait to see the video on balxys adventures :)

No worries mate. I was really surprised how well the dream mat catches gold. Even with the grizzlies. Some of the rocks that went through were quite big but it did not matter. The ground we were digging had a lot of clay and iron stone. When we did the clean up, even the flat pieces of gold did not move. Great stuff.
It will few days before the video comes up on youtube but it should be good. :)

dirtyharry said:
Thanks Beagle Boy

I have now seen his website & will contact him directly

Would you recommend the Honda pump

Regards

Dirty Harry

The 10" banker I got works fine. I am not sure about the 12". You will probably need something bigger to run that. Dustin will be best to advise you. One of the reasons I bought the 10" was that I already had the pump and love it. It is small and only weighs 9 kilos unlike the cheaper pumps but still puts out decent volume. If you can spend the $800 on the Honda, I would definitely recommend it.

Hubby just got a 6 inch gold rat highbanker and wants to start trying it out in some creeks / rivers. Can anybody recommend a reliable battery to be able to run for 2 hours. Its a 2000 gallon pump and is there a lithium iron version to reduce amount of weight in backpack?

Alison11 said:
Hubby just got a 6 inch gold rat highbanker and wants to start trying it out in some creeks / rivers. Can anybody recommend a reliable battery to be able to run for 2 hours. Its a 2000 gallon pump and is there a lithium iron version to reduce amount of weight in backpack?
we have a range of batteries listed online https://highbanker.com.au/collections/deep-cycle-batteries

i personally use this model as it fits in a 20 litre pail https://highbanker.com.au/collectio...2v-35-4-ah-deep-cycle-agm-battery-power-sonic

Latest posts