Gold panning bendigo

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Heading to Bendigo this weekend & hoping to do a little panning if I get the chance.
Usually hit the Whipsticks but water is a problem & haven't had too much luck there yet...
Had rain @ home & creeks running here, but wondering what it's like in Bendigo, still dry as?
Any other close to town creeks to try? Was thinking of the Bendigo Regional Park pretty sure you can prospect there...

Not after anyone's secret spot, just some help to get a few specks in the pan :D

Heading off in a few hours & been given a few pointers of where I may find some colour & water :cool:

Won't have big sessions, just be happy to see a few specks & do a bit more exploring.

Will report back.

Prolly head to Notley's Camping ground in the next few months for an overnight trip & incorporate it in with a mine tour in Bendigo.

Uhm well...
I had a quick look-see, a scratch around & found one nice speck out of my bucket I dug. Not fussed - was good just to get away for an hour...
Wasn't really prepared to work a very sticky clay area.
Need to get my HB project happening. Also needing some sort of puddling gizmo perhaps...
Saw some new to me places. Some great history there...
Only spotted one other person there - out detecting & not backfilling his holes :mad:

Thanks to GarrettGirl for info on this area - appreciated.

Hi fellow prospectors I am new to all of this and am wondering if anyone knows somewhere I can get some colour panning the bendigo area.. any help would be appreciated

Heaps of places mate....Give Bendigo Creek a go, water all year round. I started behind Epsom Botanical Gardens, if it's still as active as it was back a few years ago you'll see where everyone else is digging. Just make sure you have your miners right on hand and no digging the banks. Backfill your holes. I still go from time to time. Cheers GT.

OldGT said:
Heaps of places mate....Give Bendigo Creek a go, water all year round. I started behind Epsom Botanical Gardens, if it's still as active as it was back a few years ago you'll see where everyone else is digging. Just make sure you have your miners right on hand and no digging the banks. Backfill your holes. I still go from time to time. Cheers GT.

I have been to the Bendigo creek just didn't know where to start.. thankyou will try get down there today before this wind and crap weather hits

Best I've got unless you become a regular mate. Bendigo gold won in a high anker or pan is hard won no matter where you go, so much of the really good places to go with ready water is on private land, and some areas with good gold you have to cart the water in or the dirt out. If you can't find anything down there I'd be pretty surprised, it won't make you rich but it will feed the fever.

OldGT said:
Best I've got unless you become a regular mate. Bendigo gold won in a high anker or pan is hard won no matter where you go, so much of the really good places to go with ready water is on private land, and some areas with good gold you have to cart the water in or the dirt out. If you can't find anything down there I'd be pretty surprised, it won't make you rich but it will feed the fever.

Thanks mate am gunna go have a try down the creek tomorrow

What the hell happened there? I kid you not they've added that to the list....it wasn't always there! And at least one other I can see straight away has been added too.

What sort of Orwellian 1984 world are we living in this is ridiculous. Now it seems they can just add any bloody place they like to stop you going.

Sorry mate I was only trying to help out.

Bazz said:
"Keep banging on about newbies doing their own research!!" :eek:

To me this is a lesson for ALL of us ----- "think Ill recheck the list for creeks in my favourite spots"
Yeah, that's why I just gave the link this time. But if you see someone going the wrong direction it's in all our best interests to point them the right way.

Latest posts