gold out of quartz

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Provided we're talkin about actual gold and not ore, its pretty simple, just a case of crushing the rock into powder and panning out the gold. Ore on the other hand requires some pretty hazardous chemicals and a decent understanding of chemistry... Probably should mention though if the gold is actually visible in the quartz its actually worth more as is.

o ok, just that my pop gave me a bucket of quartz with gold in them :) so better off keeping as is?

yeh mate give me a sec just gotta ring the misses to findout where the camra is lol , allso got a coco tin of sand well my pop thought it was sand and i put it on a plate and omg lots of little gold it lol :)

viewtopic.php
well thats not it lol

Tough call wether to leave it visable in the quartz. I'd be too curious of the actual gold content... Maybe there's only colour on the outside, maybe it's full of gold...

I'd crush a few of them at least.

Looking forward to the pics.

LuKe. said:
hey how do i get gold out of quartz? :|

is your pop a prospector now or did he do it when he was younger and had these sitting in his shed for 30 years ?

forum members here could tell you how to get the best money for them and you could share a bit of cash with your pop if he is short of money , or if he is a brazillionaire he probably wont mind if you keep it

ps , cash obtained from finding gold is tax free by the way , as long as you dont operate a registered mining business then you can sell the gold and there is no tax owing

if you're lucky you can ask your pop which area he got them from and you can go back there to hunt for more

thanks nugget, ill give it a go tomorrow just got my sd2100 today and have been out and about :D

HeadsUp said:
LuKe. said:
hey how do i get gold out of quartz? :|

is your pop a prospector now or did he do it when he was younger and had these sitting in his shed for 30 years ?

forum members here could tell you how to get the best money for them and you could share a bit of cash with your pop if he is short of money , or if he is a brazillionaire he probably wont mind if you keep it

ps , cash obtained from finding gold is tax free by the way , as long as you dont operate a registered mining business then you can sell the gold and there is no tax owing

if you're lucky you can ask your pop which area he got them from and you can go back there to hunt for more

they have been in the shed for about 30-40 years, there is over 100 specimens, and my pop said have them :) the tin of like sand/crushed quarts has lots gold in it pity i don't no a thing about panning lol

LuKe. said:
thanks nugget, ill give it a go tomorrow just got my sd2100 today and have been out and about :D
No probs, I hear a lot of the guys recommending the SD2100 on the forum so they must be a good bit of gear. Keep us updated with your finds :)

Latest posts