Gold Leases, where do I find them?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam

Adam
Reaction score
Hello fellow gold lovers,

Does anyone know where I would leases advertised or gold bearing land for sale? Not sure where to be looking, am sure I have seen them in Gold Gem and Treasure but none in the latest issue. I always hear of people's success detecting private leases for gold, I feel that maybe I am being left behind by scrounging around public sites and old gold rush towns.

As for detecting on private property I cant imagine why anyone would want to allow me to take their gold from their land and I would be way to shy to knock on a door and ask permission to explore their land. How do you guy's do this? is there an easy way to find people willing to let you on their land for the purpose of respectful detecting?

Any info appreciated,

Adam

well if you find a creek or a mine from space image that looks good then I look for the nearest house from where the mine or creek is on the map then I just go there and ask hi m8 can I explore your land and tell the owner what your looking for gems or gold and almost 95% of the time they will say yeah m8 no problem but I have had friend who have goon onto someone's farm with out asking the owner. the owner found him on his land and he was never aloud to come back on his land because he didn't ask in the first place so if in doubt ask the nearest house around the place you want to prospect the worse they can say is no we don't want any one going on our land which is far enough too

Thanks for the reply Hunting Yellow, I will give your method a try as it sounds easy enough for me to do. I never knew people would be so willing to allow strangers on their property based on the 95% of yes you receive, this now gives me a whole new confidence. Yes I understand what you say about not getting permission, no way would I ever do that and its troubling to think people still behave this way.

Do you offer a % of what you find to the land owner?

Thanks again for your helpful advice,

Adam

Yellow fever said:
That would be my question. Do you offer to share your find ?

Hi Yellow Fever, thanks for the reply. I personally would offer the land owner a share of the findings as I wouldn't be there without their generosity.

most country farmers are honest people to deal with but there are the odd ones who try to scam u try to be yourself dont put on airs and graces this is frowned upon by most aged farmers you will blow your chances and if you see they need a hand offer half a day helping may get you to the back paddock

G day Adam

go the the new dpi site, and go into the digs database, you can zoom into an area, the database will show you current and expired EL's, and ML's, you can also get an addition;l print of these. You can log in as guest with most privillages