Gold found at Nundle

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just got off the phone to my brother in law, he's come home from Nundle today with a little colour. I'm heading over soon to take a look so will post up a pick either tonight or tomorrow morning.

I was supposed to go but had a course booked in for this week so couldn't make it :mad:

So here is the elusive gold found at Nundle, it's not much but certainly better than nothing. It was caught in a 1.5mtr sluice with limited water flow so there was quite a bit of bucketing involved.

1359109231_20130125_081516.jpeg

1359109288_20130125_182856.jpg

Last night I ran my nephews Ace 250 over the Gold and it picked it surprisingly well, it shows up between foil and 5c and at a distance of around 20-25cm :eek:. I'm taking my AT GOLD over later on today to see what it shows up as.

20- 25cm with air in between Could have very differant results in ground. Interesting to watch results.

I'd say so Dave, but for an air test on such a small amount of Gold the Ace 250 didn't do too bad.

Nugget, 2 young blokes each purchased Ace250's with the 12x9 coil from Goanna. Took them out to Burrendong and they found nuggets up in the tree line with them. Next time your in there ask him about it if you remember.

I will try and remember Pete :)

I'm hopefully heading to Nundle next weekend to work the spot where the gold was found, but as usual this all depends on work, my travelling partner and the weather.

Fingers crossed I actually make the trip this time :p

Latest posts