Gold and Ghosts Volume 1 (WA) Western Australia

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gidday Pete
Because they were written quite awhile ago, their value is in history and general information on where and why. I have used both 1 & 2 in WA a few times and they have put me where the action was/is. Much has changed geographically and there will be fences and other obstacles that weren't prevalent back in the day.
They are however a wealth of info and a good read for the keen. They will form an important part of your info build and attack plan for the big trip.
Look up Peter Bridges Hesperian Press on the net. They have just about every gold related book that's been published on WA gold fields. Reading these books will set you up with a lot of accurate information also.
Don't ask Peter about Gold and Ghosts either he will not be happy!!
http://www.hesperianpress.com/
Regards Bop

goldtruck - excellent and well thought out advice. first time I have ever seen the comments about the geo changes, new fences etc etc. you are bloody spot on. funny comment about Pete too - he must get asked 100 times a week.

He does Loamer. He gets quite grumpy when asked about it. I had a 30 minute discussion on it once with him and that was enough to not go back for seconds.
Hesperian have heaps of great books, we sell a lot of them.
Reading one at the moment that dates from the 1890's about a chaps first hand account of the time.
From him working on the Nullarbor as a surveyor for the new railway to his days in Coolgardie with Bayley.
These types of books if you are observant can give up interesting snippets of information on gold bearing areas that are not mainstream talk.

Hi Pete the Pan,
I'm just up the road from you about 70k's, if you want to look at those books let me know as I'm in there on Thursday again,