Going out Detecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm going to have an early start start tomorrow to go over some ground that I had detected when I first started this hobby. I had an ace 250 when I detected there last time , so hopefully the AT Pro will find some new stuff.

If you dont mind me asking, how do you manage to record a video while detecting? I tend to have my hands full enough as it is, is it a matter of digging up something decent first then turning on the camera?

I'm currently using my iPhone, as my proper camera is playing up. I basically dig the hole , locate the item , If its any good I will start recording and take it from there. I haven't really done any live digs for 2 reasons . 1 , whenever I have attempted a live dig it's been rubbish that I have found. 2. I don't have a tripod for my phone. I know some people think something funny is going on when you don't do live digs. But at the end of the day If I recorded every live dig I would be out there for twice the amount of time and be showing crap that people don't want to see. I just wish my videos had more relics on them other than coins.

Just get a camera, even a cheap one these days makes great videos. i using a sony camera that cost me $560 is only slightly better video maker than my $100 canon camera was!
I started with Ace 350, went back over the same WW2 war site that ace hit for 6 months, after another 6 months 300 more coins and dozens of buttons and rising sun badges found with the AT Pro

My eldest son and his mates all bought the gopro hero 3 black ,,,top of line mods..... and there not happy with them and a few of the bike blokes are the same ..disappointed !!!!

L/R

I have a gopro and love it, it is the best camera I have ever bought.

great video and picture quality but you can take it anywhere, ive had mine 40000 fee above the ground, 30 feet below the ground in the sea, on bikes, waterslides and many times on the detector shaft. Great versatile camera!

I bought a Gopro 2 last year and took it diving on Spanish shipwrecks and it worked a treat, also took it caving a few weeks ago and it did really well then too. I'll try recording some detecting to see how that turns out.

Latest posts