GLENDON CAMPING AREA QLD

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Pig

Harry
Reaction score
Hi All,

Has anyone visited or prospected the Glendon Camping/ caravan park near Warwick. I am travelling through there to Townsville at end of next week and wanting to swing the 4500 around the area. Has anyone had any luck around the area? I am keen to get my first find after one year of having the machine with little use. - maybe I should buy a slug of gold as " a find " to keep her happy. The Thanes Ck/ Talgai area is quite large. Any start points? Any info would be great as I will be there for two days.

Regards Harry.

Hey there Harry,
It's one of my usual haunts.
Basic camp grounds. some sites have power and some don't, I prefer to camp over the creek due to the fact it is more grassy and quieter than the powered sites.
No power across the creek.
Basic Amenities but very welcoming after a day digging.
There are 2 new areas opened to swinging the magic wand and are producing some gold but be sure to get your liscence as the rangers are out and about.
You can get one of those Online now in QLD.
If highbanking, best to try out the back of the property in the dry gullies, take plenty of buckets to fill up and then drive down to the big dam to wash.
I find that crevicing is the best results and can pick up a few pickers, I score a 2.04 little one from the place we call the carpark and it is still yielding a bit of color.
I will see if I can get some time off and I might do a day trip with the boys.
Cheers
Brad....

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the info -- I will be there on the 28 December (end of next week). If you are there on that weekend, maybe we can hook and see what we can get. I am also travellllng to the CQ gemfields with the possibility of doing Clermont if I have not found some yellow stuff with the magic wand. Let me know what your plans are.

CHEERS HARRY

Hey Harry,
Looks like I am going to miss you on this one, heading down the coast to Iluka and setting up camp.
Only thing is, the wife will be holidays and I will back at work. Sounds a bit weird but I have been off for the last 2 weeks, sorta had a little fall with scaffold when I was painting the house and badly bruised my heel. I will set up camp and stay a few days then I need to start bringing in the pennies again.
I would of showed you around a bit but if you can get in touch with Bruce he may point you in the right direction.
Just ask Jason if Bruce will be out and about. He is the caretaker of the Glendon property.
I don't know if you are coming back this way, we could maybe sort something out then.
Have a Merry Christmas and stay safe in the New Year
Cheers
Brad....

If you type in Aushunter gold or glendon gold in the google bar you should see some stuff we have found out the way or if Tooloom gold is another spot I also haunt.
Make sure you have the images tab on.

Hi Brad,

Thanks again for the info. I will probably drop in for a night or two at glendons. I am going to try and keep it simple for the short period of time to see if I get lucky (gold) --

thanks again

HARRY

Hope you do well Harry
I will be heading down to Iluka to set up camp for the wife lady and the boys, they will be down there for a few days while I will be up here working.
Good luck and let us know how you got on.
I did a few test buckets on the weekend and only got about 0.1g for 3 bkts of dirt but it was a nice day out at the river with the boys and just washing a bit of dirt and enjoying the scenery was worth it.
Cheers
Brad......

Hi Brad & Harry, I just wanted to say I've been to Glendon just 2 times and scored a few micro bits in the pan. Been told some do a lot better taking buckets o' dirt and sluicing at the lake. I turned a 20 lt. bucket upside down in the water, sat there panning the dirt with me feet in the water.. Great way to spend a warm (hot) summer day enjoying the fresh air and solitude..
What I like about Glendon park: There's plenty of room, (I wasn't there in peak periods), powered and unpowered sites, kept orderly, each site appears to have a fire spot and a barbie plate, and the people there are friendly and helpful. And its great to see some roos & wabeleys & feed maggies. Great for the soul!!
Acres n acres to explore,dig,pan, detect, watch out for joe blake in summer. Just waiting to get me power pack,fix a injector problem and I'll be off!! Cheers fellers, have fun,,, Carl.

aushunter said:
Hey Harry,
Looks like I am going to miss you on this one, heading down the coast to Iluka and setting up camp.
Only thing is, the wife will be holidays and I will back at work. Sounds a bit weird but I have been off for the last 2 weeks, sorta had a little fall with scaffold when I was painting the house and badly bruised my heel. I will set up camp and stay a few days then I need to start bringing in the pennies again.
I would of showed you around a bit but if you can get in touch with Bruce he may point you in the right direction.
Just ask Jason if Bruce will be out and about. He is the caretaker of the Glendon property.
I don't know if you are coming back this way, we could maybe sort something out then.
Have a Merry Christmas and stay safe in the New Year
Cheers
Brad....

If you type in Aushunter gold or glendon gold in the google bar you should see some stuff we have found out the way or if Tooloom gold is another spot I also haunt.
Make sure you have the images tab on.

Hey Brad new to the forum mate,
I'm in your area and keen to have a dig at Glendons.
Do you know when you will be out that way again?
Thanks Mate Dave 0432114224

Latest posts