Gilmandyke gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys has anybody prospected in the gilmandyke area I've found a little info of gold being found there near the Campbell's river, any info welcome
Cheers

Sound like it's worth a look:
Gilmandyke. - One of the creeks on the Campbell River just alluded to. The land on this creek differs from that of most other gold localities, though the usual metamorphic and sedimentary rocks abound in the vicinity. Rich alluvial flats bound the creek on both sides, the ridges only rising to a slight elevation. Gold was found here in plenty on the surface, but on account of the liability of the spot to floods, and its generally marshy character, the miners abandoned it without searching for dry diggings on the banks and high land. The diggers here appear to have been a rude and enterprising set of men; it having since become apparent that a renewed effort, with means to keep down the water, would be well rewarded. Gilmandyke is twenty-five miles from Bathurst, and close to the Summerhill copper mine. The country abounds with minerals.

G'day mate, Wally69 and myself were detecting 6km from there today in the Dog Rocks SF, some excellent looking ground there but was almost totally un-detectable due to hot rocks, we were both using our SDC's and every rock except Quartz gave a solid signal, might be good digging dirt and taking elsewhere to test pan. There are 2 mines marked about 500m from where we were, there was Quartz everywhere, ironstone and nasty nasty hotrocks, probably the perfect spot for a few test samples. :) Would like to try the 5000 there but I think it would be near useless there too.

Not sure on anywhere else nearby there.

Was great meeting up with you the other day also.

G'day fellas ,with the right coil,isn't that is where the 5000 is good?

Varts said:
G'day fellas ,with the right coil,isn't that is where the 5000 is good?

Depends Varts, I don't think there is a coil or Timing that would reject those rocks but I will try sometime there with the 5k. You'd have to dumb it down so far it might find nothing.

Latest posts