getting gold out of a sniffer bottle

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nucopia said:
I always fill the snuffer with clean water and then give it a shake before pouring it into a sauce pan and then putting the pan on the stove to boil off the water. You can then tip the gold onto a piece of A4 paper or the like and then funnel it into your vial .

cool thanx mate. that's a good tip.

I empty mine into a big gold pan full of water, shake it, emerse it, shake it, emerse it...etc until I am sure I have got it all out. My bottle has a lip that catches gold so I found this is the only way I am sure I have got it all out.

I then pan it to an edge, empty the water and let it dry in the pan before transferring it to a creased bit of paper to pour into a vial.

If I am impatient, I use my finger to transfer the gold to a paper towel to speed up the drying.

AussieGamer_Ben said:
nucopia said:
I always fill the snuffer with clean water and then give it a shake before pouring it into a sauce pan and then putting the pan on the stove to boil off the water. You can then tip the gold onto a piece of A4 paper or the like and then funnel it into your vial .

cool thanx mate. that's a good tip.
[video=480,360]http://youtu.be/t-Zswcdm3cg[/video]

Wally69 said:
I empty mine into a big gold pan full of water, shake it, emerse it, shake it, emerse it...etc until I am sure I have got it all out. My bottle has a lip that catches gold so I found this is the only way I am sure I have got it all out.

I then pan it to an edge, empty the water and let it dry in the pan before transferring it to a creased bit of paper to pour into a vial.

If I am impatient, I use my finger to transfer the gold to a paper towel to speed up the drying.

1451886229_thumb.jpg

Wally69 said:

I do similar but steal my wifes hair dryer and warm the pan from underneath until its all dry. Only takes a few minutes ;)

I remove the lid, insert my index finger into it to block the hole, invert it over a pan, shake all the heavies to my finger / the exit and from about an inch from the pan I remove my finger and shake the bottle side to side. Most gold drops out and I clean my finger with the water in the pan.

I use an old black film canister (where do you get them now days ) put it over the neck of the snuffer to form a tight seal, invert & shake to get all the gold to drop into the canister through the trapped water column then very slowly break the seal and allow the water to dribble out until level with the top of the canister.
Pour off most of the water from the canister & place it in the sun to evaporate the rest.

I fill the snuffer with water and gently shake and swirl while tipping it into gold pan maybe suck some water back up and take lid back off and swirl and empty, now to get the gold out of the pan i use a childrens panadol seringe and suck it up and squirt into a vial flicking the seringe to drop the gold. I store my gold wet in vials that way the water in the round vials magnify it slightly and hopefully keeping it wet might make it grow :lol: pmsl.

Latest posts