Gedday from the Digger ....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gedday all,

Having made a couple of posts since joining, I thought I'd better show some manners and introduce myself and give you a bit of background info.

First of all though, congratulations to Nugget, moderators and members all for providing and maintaining a site where people with a common interest can share, learn and bond without the nonsense and rapid topic digression that seems to plague a certain couple of other gold/gem prospecting forum sites out there .. Well done folks.

Having never been much of a 'join a club or a group' kinda bloke this is the first forum of any kind I've felt inclined to sign up for .... you can blame my good mate Kemjak57 for that. He introduced me to Prospecting Australia a week and a bit ago when got back into Cairns after 11 weeks on the wrong side of two flooded rivers (the Palmer and the North Palmer) .. Then, when I googled up and nosed around a couple of topic posts I a spotted a small photo of a bloke on a 20 tonner with the tag 'Gold miner' underneath, I thought, thats bloody S...n, .. another mate and and fellow Palmer miner .. Had to join up!

So yep, I'm a miner and prospector .. whichever takes my fancy on the day. I own a lease about 10k's
up-stream from Maytown on the North Palmer .. Just me and my best bitch, Palmer Kitty .. my dog.

I know a bit about gold and the getting of it .. Hope I can make some positive contribution from time to time, ay.

Cheerio 'til then from the Digger.

Hi Digger, welcome to the forum, I am hoping to get to know the Palmer area a bit better, I am a complete newbie, looking for any info on your neck of the woods, Your neighbor and friends have already started pointing me in the right directions, good luck to you.

Aha, Wal, .. no gold left up here on the Palmer, isn't that right Gm! .. And by the way Gm, your avitar pic needs cropping a little tighter so we can work out who's actually operating the 20 tonner. Apologies to the Boss Lady, but all I could make out was the fish-net stockings and high heels and naturally thought it was you!

Oi there Ten Ton, always ready to help out and encourage a New Chum .. particularly those like yourself who show some courtesy and repect. Maybe see you around the ridges sometime, ay.
For a bit more information, as well as permits, prospecting gear etc., don't forget to go and have a yarn with the highly respected George Mayer, at the NQ Miners Den on Anderson Street .. He's a good man.

Thanks again all .... See ya in a few ounces!

Yup, no gold up here...all gone....long ago.... ;)
And thanks for letting everyone know about my high heels and stockings....... 8) :8

Palmer Digger said:
Aha, Wal, .. no gold left up here on the Palmer, isn't that right Gm! .. And by the way Gm, your avitar pic needs cropping a little tighter so we can work out who's actually operating the 20 tonner. Apologies to the Boss Lady, but all I could make out was the fish-net stockings and high heels and naturally thought it was you!

Oi there Ten Ton, always ready to help out and encourage a New Chum .. particularly those like yourself who show some courtesy and repect. Maybe see you around the ridges sometime, ay.
For a bit more information, as well as permits, prospecting gear etc., don't forget to go and have a yarn with the highly respected George Mayer, at the NQ Miners Den on Anderson Street .. He's a good man.

Thanks again all .... See ya in a few ounces!

The miners dress code up your way has me a bit worried Digger :eek: lol... and pushing all that " barren " soil around with the dozers seems excessively wasteful :eek: ..We're in desperate need of good quality earthworms for our fishermen down south....any chance of punneting some up and sending them down our way ??? :D could be putting that " barren " soil to some good use...lol ;) Cheers Wal :)

Do you want the punnets of dirt sent down with or without the seeds in 'em Wal? .... Fish! Youse fellas down south don't know what bloody fish are! Gm and I and few other locals with be filling our freezers with Barra next week mate. On the subject of dress code Wal, .... If the Lumberjacks can do it and there OK, .. what's wrong with it? .. It's mainly Gm anyway, and he's got a thing about pink flouro surveyors tape too. Don't let anyone else know that I've told you any of the above life on the Palmer secrets, ay.

Palmer Digger said:
Do you want the punnets of dirt sent down with or without the seeds in 'em Wal? .... Fish! Youse fellas down south don't know what bloody fish are! Gm and I and few other locals with be filling our freezers with Barra next week mate. On the subject of dress code Wal, .... If the Lumberjacks can do it and there OK, .. what's wrong with it? .. It's mainly Gm anyway, and he's got a thing about pink flouro surveyors tape too. Don't let anyone else know that I've told you any of the above life on the Palmer secrets, ay.

I can't really argue with the fishing Digger....get up to Wiepa as often as i can. ;) But i heard the mossies up that way get mistaken for Black Hawks, and the air force has mistakenly shot a few down while on patrol :eek: :eek: :eek: what a waste of ammo :D, I'm sure GM only does it to scare away the " Southern Tourists " (claim Jumpers )...as it would surely get me running in the opposite direction in a flash....but your secret's safe with me mate ;) ...won't tell anybody ...mum's the word...Cheers Wal. :)

Sorry about the slow Welcome mate but haven't had a chance to get on here much, Anyway Welcome neighbour, NQ is like the Territory with a accent ;) Look forward to catching up with you on here
Bill :cool:

Gday Palmer. I often drop in to NQ miners den and have a chat to George, very nice man. I look forward to meeting you one day up the river. best of luck in your prospecting/fossicking/wondering what the hell im doing adventures

Latest posts