G'Day from Geelong

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All, I have been reading the forum for a while now gaining knowledge of detecting so i thought it was high time i joined up,
have been prospecting now for 12 months and finally just found my first bit of gold .8 grams sooooo happy,
I recently bought a new gpx4500 with 14 inch coilteck elite, bit of a learning curve from the whites GMT I had, but i'm getting there,
Scott

Welcome to PA Scott and congrats on finding your first gold. Keep em coming and post up some pics down track hey?

thanks for the welcome,
yeah its a great feeling after months and kilometers of walking through the bush for the first piece
i was literally shaking when i found it ha ha
will post pics when i can

Welcome and congrats Spellbound. I've been detecting for about 10 months. The first 6 were a waste of time until I got myself a 4500 in Sept last year. Since then I've found a number of small pieces. Keep at it and you'll find more. You have the right gear.

Welcome Scott the 4500 with the elite coil are a great set up, I use the same but with a 12 evo NF coil ,don't set the setting to high keep the coil on the ground and you will have success regards john :)

Thanks again people. loving the 4500
spent a few hours detecting at Linton today, no gold but great being out in the bush

Latest posts