G'day from Doreen

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
New to prospecting. Been using an Equinox 800 and having a bit of fun looking for coins in parks for a few months.
Got myself a 8" gold rat sluice.
Wanting to get out and give it a go soon.
Are there any Clubs that I can join or any tips on where to start looking that are not to far away.

Thanks for the ad Victor

Welcome victor.
You could check out warrandyte for some gold. It's slim pickings there but it's close enough to you and it will ease the gold fever a little until you can get further afield

HippyProspecting said:
Welcome victor.
You could check out warrandyte for some gold. It's slim pickings there but it's close enough to you and it will ease the gold fever a little until you can get further afield

Went and had a look at Warrandyte the other day. Seen two tiger snakes.

roy cobb said:
Welcome Victor how do like the equinox 800
Roy
I only had it for 3 months, so still lots to learn and it's my first detector. Been a bit lucky with it. Just over $300 in coins. 4 Penny , 1 half penny, 1 six pence. 80 x 2c, 60 1c. A US 1 cent.7 ring, gold earrings. Girl Guides badge thats around 40 to 50 years old. All this has come out of park around the play equipment. I have 6" and the 11" coils. Looking at getting the 15" soon.

VICTOR said:
roy cobb said:
Welcome Victor how do like the equinox 800
Roy
I only had it for 3 months, so still lots to learn and it's my first detector. Been a bit lucky with it. Just over $300 in coins. 4 Penny , 1 half penny, 1 six pence. 80 x 2c, 60 1c. A US 1 cent.7 ring, gold earrings. Girl Guides badge thats around 40 to 50 years old. All this has come out of park around the play equipment. I have 6" and the 11" coils. Looking at getting the 15" soon.
Welcome again Victor thats a great lot there keep ot up.
Roy

Welcome to PA Victor.

That's the second time I've heard someone say they saw a tiger snake at Warrandyte now - might give that area a miss!

Sounds like you've been pretty lucky so far - good on you mate! Good haul there.

Make sure you know the exempt rivers, streams and creeks in Vic - Vic (I had to do it... :playful:)
You don't want to get caught prospecting on a no-go waterway and get a nasty fine.

Tallarook State Forest is kind of close...

Have fun!

Cheers,
Megsy

G'day and welcome :fistpump:

looking forward to your input and seeing your finds :goldnugget: :gemstone: :pickshovel:

and may i suggest you an avatar

1542746849_victor.jpg
:playful: :)

I went down to warrandyte for a few hours yesterday before work. Just to have a go at setting up the sluice. To my surprise I found a few specks of gold. I plan on going tomorrow a bit more of a drive to get a bit more color. Thinking Creswell anyone had any luck out that way.

Hello everyone

New to this, live in Wagga Wagga.

I'm thinking about trying my luck in Adelong area. any tips?

cheers

G'day Victor welcome to PA get up 10 post's and the members section will open up then you can join in the meet ups there good fun. Not sure where Cresswell is do you mean Creswick if so use the search icon top left. There's plenty of threads regarding Creswick I'd imagine Slaty Creek will have some flow to it with the rain this week. All the best when you get out there.

RM Outback said:
G'day Victor welcome to PA get up 10 post's and the members section will open up then you can join in the meet ups there good fun. Not sure where Cresswell is do you mean Creswick if so use the search icon top left. There's plenty of threads regarding Creswick I'd imagine Slaty Creek will have some flow to it with the rain this week. All the best when you get out there.
Yes Creswick. Hope to get there tomorrow.

Went to Creswick on Saturday. Very little water flow, just enough to get the sluice going. Got a few specks of gold.