G'day from Bathurst

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brendo

Brendan
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Brendan ( Brendo to my mates) and I've lived in Bathurst for just over 3 years. Moved out from Sydney to escape the ratrace and have not looked back. I still have my first detector, a Bounty hunter 4 and so far is doing me proud.
With the history in bathurst I have quite a few local areas as well as a few honey holes around the central west.
Looking forward to meeting a few fellow formers/dectorists to share my spots with!!!

Welcome Brendo, sounds like you have the fever already, man I can only imagine the relics around an old place like Bathurst! There are a few members here from Bathurst and surrounding areas so I'm sure you will catch up with them one day on your journey,
Make use of the info on the forum and don't be shy to ask questions mate, everyone is here to help.
Regards,
BigSam

G'day Brendon, welcome aboard, good move leaving the city, it's not getting any better round here. Will be heading out around the Bathurst area quite a bit now the weather is cooling a touch, hopefully bump in to you sometime.

Howdy Brendo, you are certainly living much closer than most of us to some really good ground. While us Sydney slickers have to travel a few hours just to get to Bathurst, you can wake up on any day and go for a few hours prospecting. Very envious. Do you just detect or do you have pans/sluice? Some great little rivers out that way.

Hey guys,
Your right about being close to the action!! I'm currently working a field with an old concrete cricket pitch. It also has an old church/school building nearby. Just today I popped up for a "fix" as it's a whole 2mins away!! So far I've found some decimals, old horse saddle gear etc. There is also an old disused railway station around the corner from my house as well that I want to get to.
I don't do any panning or sluicing, but take my kids down to the river for a fish or swim every now and then. The river is also a good place to have a swing to I suspect.
If anyone is thinking of coming up for a day or weekend, just shoot me a pm as I'd love to show you around...

Hi Brendo, I come up your way occasionally,originally came from Oberon.Will send you a message when I am heading up next,might be able to go for a detect.Cheers John

Make sure you tell the kids to look for yellow rocks when ur out and about! Some pans for Xmas may get them into the hobby. Most fishing spots are good gold panning and detecting areas. Not to mention Sapphires Oberon way.

Gday and Welcome Brendo,

Bathurst is my home town...and miss it a lot...especially when it comes to the gold fields.

Latest posts