G'day all

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Doug and I currently live in Marysville, Victoria. Im a newbie and recently got the infectious gold bug after just handling a piece of the yellow stuff so decided to try and find my own. Sounds like fun, good for keeping fit and possibly rewarding. Last week I invested in a GPX 5000, a pick and pan, sieve and a few local maps (im close to big river/woods point area). On the shopping list is a yabby pump and maybe a sluice. I like to have all bases covered. Im eager to also try my luck in the Golden Triangle for a change of scenery, and flatter terrain. Ultimate goal is to buy a large property in gold country and go off the grid. Am I crazy? Maybe. I have always loved digging holes and only now I believe I have a good reason to do so. Limited to day trips at the moment as I have pets but maybe that wont be a problem anymore when I find that property.

I've only just found this forum and read one topic, but from the list of topics it looks like there is a lot to learn, so guess what ill be doing for the next few days before I take the GPX for its first walk or have a puddle around in a nearby creek.

Looking forward to learning and sharing.

P.S. Im also new to forums. Assuming if I follow the rules I cant go wrong.

Welcome to the forum Doug. Sounds like you got the bug real bad mate, and by gearing yourself up with the 5000 you're half way up the road to success in the nugget hunting department. I say half way, as the remaining half requires research, and you've come to a forum where your research can easily be fast tracked.

Hope the forum can benefit you with any questions you may have, and should you need any advice just put it to the members. Look forward to sharing the adventure and hope that first nugget is just over the next hill.

Cheers Wal.

duggy said:
P.S. Im also new to forums. Assuming if I follow the rules I cant go wrong.

Hi mate,
I wish you much luck and gold nugget !!
do not forget to post the pics for us! :D

Joo garimpeiro - Brasil

Hi Walnliz- I was actually watching your youtube videos when you posted your reply. Gee, didn't that wet the appetite. Easter Saturday 2013 must have been real exciting. And the gold nugget thief, don't you see some amazing things out in the bush. Congrats, looks like you are living the dream :D

Hi Joao- Thanks for the reply. Best of luck to you too mate. I could post pics of the the nuggets I bought on ebay that got me hooked but that would be cheating I guess haha

Im yet to figure out how to quote posts or part of posts but im sure i'll get the hang of it.

Just hit the quote button below the post Doug, and it will add the quote for you...or you can delete the sections of the quote you don't want showing. Don't worry if you stuff it up as one of us Mods will fix it for you. ;)

Cheers Wal.

Latest posts