G'day All

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day everyone,
Been reading the forums for a little while now so decided to sign up. Everyone on here seems to be very helpful and theres so much good info on here. Also not much crap goes on like on so many other forums, so props for that! Anyway, I hail from the Far North and do a bit of panning/sluicing and a bit of detecting - never have enough time to do enough of it, as I'm sure you can all relate to. Especiallay in the wet season. Hope to be on here a bit and contribute when I can.

Chazza

Welcome mate! I'm also in the same boat, go to work for a couple of weeks, home for a week and it rains the whole bloody time! Owell that's the way it goes! I hope lots of gold finds it's way into your pan and sluice mate! How far up are you? North of Townsville?
Have fun mate,
BigSam

Welcome to the forum Chazza. Glad to have you on board and hope the forum can be a great read for those days when the weather keeps the gold well and truly in the ground.

Guess us "Southerners" have it easy when it comes to wet seasons, but seeing as Barra fishing is another of my great passions, I'm still very envious of you guys.

Best of luck out there and hope the gold keeps you company on the majority of your trips,

Cheers Wal.

Gidday all , hope all are in good health and spirit .I am a newbie to prospecting(wish I had started earlier)bugger,,,I guess I found a new passion that goes hand ln hand with my love of the bush, the great outdoors, hiking and camping.My hope is that now ,I may meet some great people ,of like mindedness ,who enjoy the conpanionship each other.CHEERS , IWIN (dave)

Thanks everyone. Big Sam, I am up in Cairns, which is as good a spot as any, sort of a gateway to a few good spots not too far off. And Axeman, you guys do need the rain down there, you are welcome to take it! On the plus side though, if we get enough rain in the season it helps bring some nuggets out for when it is dry time. And yes, these forums have been good over the past month or so. If I can't be out doing it, I might as well be trying to learn how to do it better!

And thanks for the warm welcome all :)

Gday Chazza, welcome to the forum, the number of FNQ'rs is slowly growing, look forward to catching up with you one day, there are a few of us planning on a trip out the Palmer or Kingsborough region when the wet slows down.

See you in the hills!

Cheers, Tone

TenOunce Tone said:
Gday Chazza, welcome to the forum, the number of FNQ'rs is slowly growing, look forward to catching up with you one day, there are a few of us planning on a trip out the Palmer or Kingsborough region when the wet slows down.

See you in the hills!

Cheers, Tone

Hey Tone
Keep me informed on what you are planning mate, please, if it suits it would be good!!!
cheers
Lee

Sounds good. I'm always keen to get out, weather, missus and work permitting. Plan on going for a sluice in a creek on the back of a mates property in the next few days, so that should be good. Haven't been to his place before so keen to check it out. He assured me it was nothing special but wanted someone to drink a few coldies with as his missus is away for a week or so. Sounds good to me.