G'day all

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Interesting forum happening here Nugget, good to see that it's such a friendly site...

About us,

We have been detecting for a few years now, mainly around the east Kimberley region of WA. I started out with a Minelab GT 18000 (I think), and have since progressed through the models to the point where today we use a 4500 and a 5000 which needless to say are beautiful machines in all conditions encountered so far.

We hope to one day venture out on an Australian gold detecting safari around this great country of ours so are looking to meet people that are of a similar mind to swap ideas, tips, and maybe even go detecting with.
We have had a bit of success over the last couple of years with the best being a little stringer that produced some beautiful crystalline sheet gold.
If I can work out how to do it, I'll post a pic or two.

We also enjoy a bit of rock hunting although, neither of us know anything about the subject.
I have stumbled upon a deposit of glassy shiny black material that I think may be obsidian, so if there are any experts out there, I would be keen to chat to you.

We also enjoy a spot of fishing when ever we can get out there, but the lure of the Gold usually wins out when ever any free time pops up .

See ya out there.

Welcome Bucketlist,

I'm glad you're liking the forum so far and look forward to see you around the place.

Cheers,
Nugget

Welcome Bucketlist, one question, how the heck do you detect in the Kimberly, I was up there many moons ago and my compass was spinning due the iron in the ground!

Good luck on your hunt and hope your trip around Aus is fantastic.

Welcome Bucketlist.
In 2011 we spent 2 mths wandering around the Kimberley without a detector - still regret it - hope to be back in 2014 with my 5000 & Di's CTX 3030 :)
Love the zebra stone from your part of Oz.
cheers Jed & Di

Welcome to the Forum Bucketlist, great area you have over there, and a few less tourists than further south. ;) Hope you get some useful info out of the forum and look forward to seeing a pic of that sheet gold when you get a chance to post it. Best of luck ...Cheers Wal. :)

Hi Bucketlist, i'm new to the forum as well. We travelled the Kimberley for 6 weeks last July/August and headed back to Brisbane via Tanami as i have friends in mines there. While we were in Kulumbaroo we met a couple on the beach who are funding there around Australia trip on gold they pull out of Halls Creek area. They had been on the road for 12 months and every time they get low on money they head back to THERE SPOT and top up the bank account $10000 in two weeks with a four year old each time they go back. Just wish i had the waypoints for that SPOT. Cheers Darren

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody :D
Can anyone tell me if pics can be posted via an iPad to this site?
I seem to be having problems.
Will resort to the old desktop and try from there.
Stand by...

You can upload pics from the iPad but you'll need to compress them using a photo editing software. The maximum image file size is 1MB, most images taken on the iPad are much larger than that.

Bucketlist said:
Thanks for the warm welcome everybody :D
Can anyone tell me if pics can be posted via an iPad to this site?
I seem to be having problems.
Will resort to the old desktop and try from there.
Stand by...

As well as what the Boss said above mate, I dont worry about the file size, but resize the pixel rate to 1024... and let the rest just pan out so to speak.?

1367997992_photo.jpg

Hmmm , hope this works

Great pic mate, some really nice pieces there. I'm glad you got it sorted.

Great pieces & pic Bucketlist - is the white stuff quartz or some other material? Cheers Jed

Latest posts